I started out with some fun decorations.

These bats turned out looking really fun.

Some party favors for the kids.

I made this ghost with my mom a long time ago. It's enjoying the blacklight we put up in our little mudroom/front hall area.
I made a big batch of the delicious Hendricks chocolate chip cookies--with peanut butter chips as well. Mmmm they were good.
The highlight of the treats though was Erica's homemade oreos. Wow were they good.

And easy to make too. So thanks for the recipe Erica!

Our first guests were Joanne and her girls Claire and Francie. Claire was a very cute ghost. I think Francie won the best costume award for the night. She was a garden gnome and it was a perfect costume for her. So cute.

Somehow I didn't get an official photo of Joanne, but she was a pirate. And looked pretty swashbuckling too.

Then came Brian. Looking awesomely like Dwight Schrute. I especially like the nunchucks. And all the gear hanging off his belt.

Then came the Boboias. Very excellent costumes. Bonnie was a very cute Bee, little Carson was an octopus, Vincent was an organic banana and Dan took the cake as Richard Simmons.

Then came Chad, Melissa and Grant. Melissa was a soccer player (which evidently is her classic costume), Chad was a referee, and Grant was a baby giraffe. A really cute one.
Max was a giraffe too. So we tried to get a picture of the baby giraffe and big giraffe together. Things were just a little too exciting though and all the kids were running all over the place.

Plus I couldn't really get back far enough to get everybody in the picture. And extra parts of people kept getting in the way.

For a second Grant forgot he was supposed to be a giraffe and thought he was a seal.

This one is really cute of Grant.

And here's the best I could do.
But much later we caught them both hanging out on the bed together.

They're buddies.
We ate and hung out.
Francie thought for a bit she was Santa Claus, and wanted all the babies in her lap. The funny thing is that the babies weren't that much smaller than her.

The kids had some fun in the blacklight. It made the fun vampire teeth from the favor bags glow very nicely. Max loved those teeth. He loved being a rabid giraffe.

Yikes!
I didn't get a good picture of me, but I was some sort of princess--like maybe an elf princess or something cool. Kris was a wizard. A cute one.

Here we are watching the movie we made especially for the party. It's a Max halloween movie. I'm going to post it here later. It was fun to make and Max loved showing it to everybody.

We ended the night with a little guitar hero. Some of those at the party hadn't ever gotten the chance to enjoy it before.

But it made the kids insane and so we stopped and everybody went home.
It was a great party and we were glad everybody could come, and that their costumes were so awesome. Yay for Halloween.



12 comments:
Are you SURE you don't want to live here? Because I think our lives would be SOOOOO much fun with you guys around.
By the way, a fanged giraffe is really, really scary.
A...were-Giraffe, then? Very appropriate.
The bat decor goes really well with the new lights!
And Kris obviously needs to investigate Wizard Rock. It's possibly the most entertaining music genre I know.
Besides German, of course.
Happy Hallow's Eve!
your party looked like so much fun. i wish i could have a party... like yours.
SO so fun. I am glad it turned out so fun. The kids were all so cute and I loved the pic of Max and the baby giraffe. How adorable. The bats were really cool too.
Hope you guys have a fun Halloween. Can't wait to see the jack-o-lanterns.
Again, Ginna,
thanks so much for taking the time to do both the photos and your delightful narration
Love you all
Dad
Gah! Your creativity and cuteness makes me torn somewhere between delight and disgust (at the fact that I lack even the remotest iota of energy to do anything of the sort)! Charming as ALWAYS and it looks like you guys really had a blast. Miss you...
All the kids were so cute!
I LOVE your blue kitchen lights. They look so cool and worked with the Halloween decor.
It looks like a great party! I love the bats hanging by the blue lights. Very cool. Happy Halloween!
Looks like the party was a hit. I loved all your decorations. We made our homemade oreos today. you can roll the edges in sprinkles to make it even look more festive (for halloween we did orange, black and purple). Glad you liked the cookies :)
Looks like you guys throw a fun party. I love Halloween, when we have parties it's always Halloween parties. Max looked great. I'm glad you had fun.
Did I teach you how to make those paper bats? I LOVE those paper bats. Your shapes are better than mine. I think I am going to make about a million of those next year. Maybe. If anybody I know ever plans to come into my house.
WE didn't get any of the decorations out this year.
Phooey.
Post a Comment