Monday, October 20, 2008

::dog park=gross::

On saturday we all walked down the street to the "dog park." It's about half a mile away from our house, and the reason why put quotations around it is because it's not really a dog park. It's a field that belongs to the brown athletic complex. It's right next to the football stadium (which I think is very cute and quaint, I'll have to get a photo of it sometime) and across from the field where the Brown team plays rugby. There's like a shot put cage in the field and some long jump stuff I think.
They also use it as a parking lot during the football games, which is why there are a whole bunch of white lines painted all over it in these photos.

But anyway, everybody just brings their dogs there and lets them play off leash. I'm sure it's not officially supposed to happen, but we're happy about it! It's great to have someplace for Sultan to let loose once in a while and go crazy since he's stuck inside so much.
20081018-IMG_7463.JPG

This is how it generally looks. A big tangle of slobbery dogs running around.
20081018-IMG_7460.JPG
And don't forget the little boys making funny faces. They're always there too.

Anyway, we like to walk down there with the guys sometimes. Max likes to run around and chase the dogs, or play tag. We play catch sometimes (when the dogs don't grab our balls and run away with them.) We've also had him practice riding his bike without training wheels there. Unfortunately he ran over some poop. Gross.
But generally people do a pretty good job cleaning up after their dogs. And Max and Sultan love it. So we keep going.
20081018-IMG_7464.JPG
See the enthusiasm here?

So anyway we went down there on saturday to let everybody get some energy out. It was kind of cold. Sultan was psyched to be there and was having tons of fun.
Kris and Max got ready to play a little baseball.
20081018-IMG_7462.JPG
I was supposed to stand behind Max and grab the balls he missed before the other dogs grabbed them.
20081018-IMG_7459.JPG
So there I was, standing right where I was supposed to, when suddenly I felt this warm sensation on the back of my leg. I looked down, and there was this dog. This horrible dog that was LIFTING IT'S LEG ON ME!!!! AUGH! It was not a good feeling. By the time I realized what was happening the dog was done and had trotted away. The owner had seen what happened and she felt terrible. She started apologizing. I said it was ok. I mean, what else can you say in a situation like that? I guess if you were a big jerk you could yell and swear at the owner or something, but that doesn't help anything.
For some reason Kris thought I hadn't realized what happened, and so from across the field he's like "Hey Ginna! You just got PEED ON!!" several times actually. That helped a lot. Especially because the owner kept apologizing, and all I wanted was for her to go away so that I could be miserable by myself.

The worst part was that I was wearing a pair of jeans I bought quite a while ago but have never been able to wear (they were too small) and I was really excited to get to wear them. And they're kind of nice.
20081018-IMG_7469.JPG
Lame and gross, huh? I felt it on my sock and down my shoe too. Puke.
Here's the offender. Dumb dog didn't even feel bad at all. And now I have a complex about whether I look like a tree or a fire hydrant or a log or something.
20081018-IMG_7465.JPG

And since the theme of this trip to the dog park was "gross" Sultan thought he'd join in by pooping in the grass. And since we never have a bag to clean it up with, Kris had to borrow one off of somebody else. Well, borrow isn't the right term.
Ewww.
20081018-IMG_7468.JPG
Sultan didn't feel bad about it either. No remorse.

After that Kris and Max played football for a bit while I stood there with a wet pant leg. But Max really needed to burn off some more energy, so I tried my best to be patient.
Luckily Max doesn't last very long with football. He spends most of time like this.
20081018-IMG_7470.JPG
Or falling down, or saying he's "SAFE" when he runs over to me.

Sultan doesn't last too long either. So luckily they all got worn out and we could go home.
20081018-IMG_7471.JPG
And then on the way home we saw some guy puking into a trash can at the rugby game. So I think that completed the list of gross bodily functions for the day. Yuck. I think I'll wear Kris's waterproof pants on our next trip over there.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, that is gross. I can't believe that dog just peed on you like that! Ewwww. But hey yay for being able to wear the smaller jeans :) Thats exciting, even if you have to wash them now before you an wear them again.

{Erica} said...

SICK! Bret gets peed on (and even worse things) on a daily basis and I make him put his white coat and scrubs in a bag and wash them alone. I would probably gag if I got peed on :)

Super rad for you that you can wear your jeans...isn't that the best feeling?

Rachel said...

Oh Ginna that really is gross but I assure you, it was cuz he thought you was one hot mamma! Take it as a compliment. :o)

K said...

Man, I'm glad I couldn't fall asleep and snuck down here to read this. Yes, I'm sympathetic. Really, I am. But I'm also laughing really, really hard.

Quietly, though, since I'm supposed to get to sleep. Hiccough, giggle. At least you didn't step on anything extra as you left. that would have been the crowning moment.

And the little animals look so happy -

Katie Gee said...

You guys always have so much fun. Awesome! Except getting peed on of course, but it's still an adventure. Right?

Kathy said...

All I have to say is GROSS. I don't think I would go to the dog park again if it were me. I did laugh pretty hard when you told how Kris kept yelling at you telling you what you already knew. How funny. So sorry it happened though.