I hate car accidents!
I was going through an intersection (I had a green light) and a lady came along really fast, ran the red light and hit me broadside on the passenger side. I guess we call that a T-bone or something?
She hit me so hard that the car skidded and tipped and spun around until it was facing the complete opposite direction from where we originally were. Needless to say it was really really scary. Luckily because Max and I were both on the opposite side of the impact we were ok--I don't even think that we hit our heads or anything. So thank goodness for that.
So there I was sitting there in the middle of the street, facing the wrong direction on a one way street. Luckily some nice guy hopped out of his car and called the police and offered to stay as a witness. The police came pretty quickly and finally helped me to move the car out of the street. One of the cops drove up and was like "I sure hope you weren't driving this direction!" Like he thought I was driving the wrong way down the street and just plowing people. I was like, thanks for the vote of confidence!
I called Kris and our awesome friend Dan let him take his car and drive down to meet us.
The lady's car was totalled. Kris took a iphone picture. So here you go.

Her car isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
But check out my awesome close to indestructible Land Grover.

It doesn't look GOOD or anything, but it's still alive. It just looks tough, right?

It still drove. So when we got all the paperwork done I was able to drive it home. But when we got home we realized there's probably some structural damage. The back door isn't hanging right and won't close. Not to mention the passenger side doors.
So on to the fun of dealing with insurance. Hopefully we'll have a rental car in the next day or so. It's tough to deal with a broken car when you only have one to begin with!
Here's Max's rendition of what happened.
He's actually been in more than one accident. Unfortunately. Some of you may already know, but we had very bad luck with our first Land Rover (the white one) and I had two accidents in the matter of about a month in 2006. Both weren't my fault. The first one crumpled up the right side of the front, and the second destroyed the left side.
Max was in the car for the first accident, as was my dad. It happened in Utah while we were visiting for Thanksgiving. Kris's mom was in the car for the second accident. That was while they were visiting for Christmas. Nice, huh?

This is why when Kris fixed it all back up he put a monstrously cool bumper on it. Nobody's going to break another one of our headlights!
But I have to say, after all these accidents I'm happy that the Land Rovers have always taken such good care of us. The accident today was by far the most violent and scary I've been involved in, but the interior of the car, even on the effected side looked perfect. So I'm glad to be a land rover driver. Hopefully I will still be one once the insurance people get through with us.
Now if only we had been video taping when it happened. Max told me a few weeks ago that he thought that "next time you have an accident you should have the video camera so we can watch it." So after he stopped being the big-eyed scared silent boy, pretty much the first thing he said to me was "You should've been video taping!!!!"
Whatever.



13 comments:
I am so glad that you and Max are okay and that your car is such a great one. Accidents are scary and and you never know when they are going to happen.
Count your blessing.
Sure do love ya and am glad you are safe!
Such a cute boy reenacting the wreck. He made it look a lot calmer that it was I am sure. the pictures don 't look as bad as what I thought they would from Kris's description. Your tough land grover held up pretty well at least from the surface appearance. Lets hope it can be fixed.
Soooo glad you are all okay.
Love you
Bummer....they don't make Land Rover's that fit 9 people.....
your land rover is like a tank! that saturn was in bad shape.
glad you guys were ok.
whats this about picking up Kris for a dentist appointment? can't Kris fill his own cavities?
Crazy! I'm glad you guys are ok. You need to always drive big solid cars, because you must attract crazy people!
Makes me want to get a Grover of my own
Love you
Grampa Guy
Ginna, I'm so glad that you and Max are okay! Sheesh, I have to agree with some of the comments above. You DO need a tough car! I hope all goes well with the insurance claim.
By the way....since is the first time I have commented on your blog...let me just say, You have a very handsome family. Max is adorable!
phew! glad its over and glad you're okay! Love you!
We were in an accident this month too. Glad that you guys are okay. My car will be under repair for a month. Stinks. Good luck with everything.
How scary! I'm glad that you are in a good, sturdy car. If you had been in something small that would have been awful!
We haven't had an accident in over ten years, so I feel like my dues are coming, but I really hope not!
Glad you're ok, and God Bless those engineers at Land Rover. I know how you feel, because I owe a similar debt to the guys at Jeep and EvenFlo.
so, ginna was driving right? Im starting to see a pattern here...
kelly
So- I just caught up on your last six posts!
* So sorry you were in a wreck- glad you're ok!
* So bummed your pumpkins were taken- that's happened here too. Lame people.
* I really liked your costumes, decorations, jack-o-lanterns, etc.
* Glad you guys had a Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment