Friday, July 02, 2010

::and here we are::

This isn't going to be a play-by-play of the day, just a quick overview of what happened and some (hopefully) fun pictures.
Thursday morning we met the landlord bright and early at the new house so we could get ready for the moving truck to show up at 8AM.
It was sunny and then it was cloudy. It kind of switched off every 10 minutes or so.
Max was in heaven exploring the surroundings.
Almost the very first thing that happened was that we found an awesome stinkbug on the door--can you see it?
20100701-20100701-IMG_1555
20100701-20100701-IMG_1556
More Max exploring pictures--well I was trying to capture him exploring, but I just kept ended up getting him making weird expressions. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to follow him around while he explores. He's been doing it every extra second.
20100701-20100701-IMG_1558
20100701-20100701-IMG_1561
Here are a couple of pictures of the house--from one vantage point anyway. The clouds blow my mind against the blue sky.
20100701-20100701-IMG_1564
20100701-20100701-IMG_1570
You can see the gate into our little garden in this picture. We like the garden and I'm sure I'll have some pictures of it to post soon.
20100701-20100701-IMG_1563
The car is the landlord's. I mostly took this photo for the sky--it was just so beautiful!

Then the movers showed up. And the driver was all stressed out by the surroundings, of course. We have a longish windy dirt driveway, and there was no way the truck was coming up there.
20100701-20100701-IMG_1568
He tried driving the truck over the "wild country" and pulling up to the back door, but he felt all bad about running over cacti, so he went back to the bottom of the windy drive.
20100701-20100701-IMG_1571
The poor movers had to bring everything up the drive, what a ton of work.
The driver thought they'd be done by noon, but it took until 4PM. 8 full hours of unloading. I didn't even have to carry any boxes and by the end of it all I was totally exhausted. I thought my feet might fall off. I'm just totally worn out from this whole adventure (ordeal, whatever you want to call it.)
I was so glad when they finally got it all in and left so I could lie down on the couch.

It was really nice though, that the moving guys checked with us as they brought in each item and put it exactly where we wanted it. So we haven't had to do much box shifting around which really helps.

We're enjoying the house so far. It's nice and the air is so clean and clear up here. It's quiet and beautiful.

At Max's bedtime there was a big huge thunderstorm. It smelled heavenly.
And then it went away. I could see it on the horizon when I looked out our french doors, streaming rain out on some other part of the desert.
Isn't it a lovely view?
20100701-20100701-IMG_1573

5 comments:

K said...

Magnificent views. It's the sage in the rain, I think - that clean, sharp smell. It looks wonderful, honey. Just as I remember it.

Katie Gee said...

What a gorgeous view!
When I looked toward Santa Fe on that evening it looked all cloudy and thunder-y and I thought of you. So glad you're safe and can finally get some rest.

Linda said...

NM looks so beautiful. And the view from your place is amazing. From the pics it looks like you have so much yard and space! Do you guys even have neighbors? :)

Amanda D said...

Wow - that last picture is breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful!

I love your attitude (adventure vs. ordeal). Good luck getting everything unpacked and settling in!

Murphy said...

Oh those clouds look strikingly like the clouds from TOY STORY. I would like to come and visit you there, it would be great!