Friday, July 16, 2010

::craziness::

This week (and last really) has been so crazy for me.
We're officially taking over the dental office this coming monday. Our practice loan will close and we'll be in charge.
Kris had to go to Chicago to take a specialty exam (poor guy), at the beginning of the week, and poor me, I was left behind to try to do everything else. He took work with him, but it's hard to make phone calls and drop off papers at city hall while on planes and etc.

So I've been working at the office every day, trying to finish the unpacking and cleaning, entertaining Max and doing all the other various things there have been to do.

And I'm BEAT. I've used up all our phone minutes, gotten a sore ear and I'm just worn out.

Max has been entertaining himself by getting out as many of the old baby toys he can find and strewing them around the house. He also borrowed some disney movies on VHS from the neighbors, and we brought a little VHS TV combo home from the office (who knows why there was one there) and he's been watching VHSs. Somehow they seem to be WAY more entertaining than DVDs. It was funny that he had no idea how the videotapes worked. So old fashioned!

So anyway, it's been crazy. And I'm still tying up loose ends. I've gotten a lot done this week, but it's not nearly all that needs to be done.
But, basically it comes down to the fact that monday will come whether we're 100% ready or not. And if there's some stuff left undone it'll have to get done later.

The best part of this week was that our friend Amy from Kansas City was in Albuquerque at a business conference. So when I took Kris down to the airport for his trip (by way of a visit to the accountant, by way of some time at the office) we got to meet up with Amy for lunch. It was so nice to see her. Seeing her made me miss Kansas City!
Too bad all of our friends can't just live in the same place so we could always hang out.
And too bad Max was a bum at lunch, but that's basically to be expected. Sigh.

20100713-IMG_0528
This crazy week is almost over, and Kris is bringing his mom back with him tonight. It'll be great. I'm looking forward to the weekend in which no office work can be done. I guess we'll wait and see what the ward has in store for us. They already have me speaking a week from sunday. Yikes!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Yikes! You've been busy! Just reading all that you've been doing has me tired out;) But good for you for keeping on top of things and being Kris's personal assistant. I think he owes you a nice day at a spa/massage! I'm glad to hear that things are falling into place and you're settling into your new place. We miss you though!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Gee said...

Hopefully you're sleeping okay. I notice that when I get some rest. I always feel better. Good luck next week too! I hope there's something normal, anything normal, coming your way soon!
And may the spirit help you with your talk.

Grampa Guy said...

Ginna

It must have been good to see Amy. I was thinking about those guys and her folks just the other day, thinking how far away you all are now, when once it was just across the street.

Things change.

I got to see Kris for about 30 seconds when he was here, as I was stuck behind the console.


Dad

Murphy said...

The good thing is, that even though you leave, you don't have to stop being friends.

K said...

So, did they get there? I'm still working on the photos - today was L's birthday, and I've been running like the proverbial chicken between that and all the usual chores (I've been trying to get to the bills all week - no dice). So I'm way behind, and last night - wait. I told you about the airplane? Anyway - it's been crazy. Glad you got to see Amy. And glad you are competent to take care of all this stuff. YAY!

Beth said...

I'm weary just from reading it. And I hate to think how exhausted you are just from being pregnant!

Nancy said...

Can I just say how much I love this picture? Little boys are always so fun...! I was at a lunch yesterday when my little one decided to be crazy too. Gotta love it! Best of luck with the office stuff (and all the other stuff!) Have I told you lately that you're awesome?