We have an old desk that we don't like. In fact, a couple of times we've almost gotten rid of it. After painting the TV stand we thought we would try painting the desk and see if it helped. Blue this time!


I don't have a before for the desk--Kris was too quick at getting it started. But it was just old brown particle board basically.
Max got in trouble for something, I have no idea what he did now, but I know he did some time out in the garage. Little stinker.

I was sitting out in a camping chair on the driveway watching the spray painting. It was extremely entertaining actually. Watching that paint go on and the color change is super satisfying.
After Max was excused from time out he and Sultan came and sat with me too.

And no, Max isn't pulling Sultan's ear like it appears. He's making it so Sultan looks like he's "listening." Max thinks it's cute so it happens a lot at our house.
When Kris was about done with the desk I thought of another item that would benefit from some cheering up. It's a little side table thing that we've had forever. We've used it for a zillion things, moved it a zillion times and it's just beaten up and tired.
Here's your before:

It has a drawer too, but the drawer was already out and painted at this point.

Kris is getting to be an expert spray-painter, and Sultan doesn't mind the fumes. (Can you see him there in the shadows? He's all camouflaged.)
Afters:

The desk is WAY more fun and interesting now. And the spray paint finish won't last forever, but neither will the desk, so it's all good.

It's hard to see the color on this one because of the bright evening sun, but doesn't this little table have so much more character now? I like to look at it. The blue makes me happy.
So there's some more "home improvement through spray paint" for you. We like to do it. Now what else can we spray......?



8 comments:
Love them! Kelly has been making fun of me because I have been spraypainting frames since we moved and he won't let me spraypaint furniture. But you are so right, once that bug hits you it is hard to let go of it.
Oh, just about anything!
Check this out, one of my all time favorite spray painting projects (do you remember Jessica Weiss from high school?):
http://jesstheca.blogspot.com/2009/11/kitchen-upgrade.html
Ginna
the blue is a happy color for sure.
Love you all
Dad
Perfect color for Santa Fe- bright and bold and elemental. I am inspired. But probably won't be spraying anything myself but wasps. Went to the eye doctor today - the eyes are healthy and ready to see more.
oh I LOVE them! spray paint is the greatest invention.
That blue is happy!! It makes me happy too and makes me want to get off my duff and spray paint the table that I've been wanting to paint now for ages. I just need to do it!! It's gonna be red...... :D
I love them! Now the gears are going in my head....what can I spray paint?...
What an amazing transformation! It reminds me of my dad...he loves to spray paint stuff. I have a desk that is just begging to be painted!
(I found your blog on Cjane's blog.)
Post a Comment