Wednesday, June 30, 2010

::monstrous move day 4::

Day 4 and FINAL!

We started out in Oklahoma City. We were glad to get away from the stinky warm room nice and early. It's also pretty easy to get up ridiculously early when you're at least and hour off, time zone wise.

We weren't too far from Texas.
20100630-20100630-IMG_1547
You'd think the sign would be bigger, I mean it's TEXAS, right?

Our bottoms were tired. Our backs were tired. We were all tired of the car and driving and stuff like that. But at least it was the last day. And I worked it so that Max got a few new entertaining items each day--like a new hotwheels car a new book one day. A new (used) gameboy game and some sort of movie another day. It kept him excited and gave him something new to think about each day. We also brought the DVD player, but only let him use it after lunch. That was nice because he would (try) to entertain himself in the morning, and by after lunch when we were all getting worn out he could veg out for a while.

The time change worked once again in our favor today, and we gained another hour as we drove into......drumroll please.......
New Mexico!!!
20100630-20100630-IMG_1551
(Cool sign, huh? Much cooler than that Texas one, I have to say.) The sky in this photo is so New Mexico to me. Blue blue blue with fluffy white clouds. Beautiful.
Here's a much lamer sign. What's with the random chilis?
20100630-20100630-IMG_1554

Because of our early start, our quick lunch (we can't take very long to eat when the dog is hanging out in the hot car) and the time change we got in at about 3PM. So early! I'm pretty impressed with us for making such good time across the country. We went straight to our new house on the way into town--we didn't expect to be able to get in and show Kris, but he at least wanted to see the outside. The landlord was there though, it turned out, so we got to do a quick walkthrough. I think it'll be really nice once we're all set up there.

Then we came into town, found ourselves a relatively comfy hotel and sent the boys swimming again. After that we found ourselves some yummy mexican food (I actually think it was NEW mexican food, but whatever). It was so good.

And we're SO tired now. Gaining hours is all well and good, but when it feels like 10PM at 8PM you know you're in trouble. At least it means Max falls asleep deceptively early.

We'll be at the house bright and early tomorrow morning--we'll get the keys at 7:30AM and the movers are showing up at 8AM. It's time for another busy day! We're getting closer to done now though, and I'm looking forward to a little relaxation--down time--rest--whatever you call it. I need some right about now.

We made it!!!

6 comments:

Katie Gee said...

Welcome to New Mexico!!! That sign from Texas going into NM IS so cool! I love it. And the weather today was so perfect. A very nice day. You captured the sky beautifully!
Driving from Utah, you enter NM from Colorado and the "Welcome to New Mexico" sign is that lame random chili's one. I would've liked to be welcomed with that other gorgeous one. But whatever.
Oh, and the chili's are definitely not random. They go crazy over chili's here and I've heard that when you order something from a restaurant they ask you "Red or Green" and whichever color you pick that's the color of chili's you get on top of your meal. I've never been asked that yet but I seriously can't wait! And if you want both red and green, you can tell them, "Christmas" and they'll give you both. Can't wait.

Sparklebot said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely, and hope your move-in goes smoothly.

Amanda D said...

SO glad you made it safely! And seriously impressed that you did it so quickly.

Good luck getting everything moved in, and everyone settled so you can relax. :) When does Kris start at the new office?

Melissa Abby said...

Glad you made it! And hope everything goes well with the movers, isn't it great to just sit back and watch them do it all :)

Murphy said...

Ginna wow, I'm impressed. What a great effort you have put into a grand endeavor. I'm very glad that this much of the process has been executed so artfully.
I hope Sully got to hang the tongue out of the window.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh!! That just blew my socks off seeing Murphy comment. He can now! Wow...... trippin' man! ;)

So glad you made it. What an exhausting thing to go through. And yeah. Wimpy Texas sign. What is up with that??