Thursday, July 15, 2010

::bow to your sensai::

BOW TO YOUR SENSAI!!!!!
20100715-20100715-IMG_1681
Max has been begging me for karate lessons for a long time. At least a year now. So when I saw that there was a little karate studio very close to our house (and believe me, there's not much very close to our house) we had to check it out.
And of course, checking it out led to signing up. The awesomeness of month-to-month membership didn't hurt.
He started yesterday. Today was his second class, and he felt very very cool.
20100715-karate 1 7-15
I had nothing to do with these poses--I just held the camera. He's hilariously serious about this stuff.
20100715-karate 2 7-15
Look out. His body is a lethal weapon. And once he develops some coordination, he might even figure out how to use it. In the meantime he's just concentrating on as many illegal ninja moves as he can.
20100715-20100715-IMG_1680

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh man- that last picture made me giggle. I love it.

K said...

What a face. Oh, yeah, that last shot was intense. Illegal ninja moves of the government, I'm betting. Uh-huh. Love the floor. Love the light. Love the kid. I went to sleep early tonight. To bed. Went to bed. Before ten. Tired after hay day. But some clown in an airplane came over the house so low, I woke up with my heart pounding, waiting to see where he was actually going to crash. It happens. It HAS happened. But no, this jerk is flying around and around over the neighborhood (illegally as it happens), so low, it sounds like he's trying to land on somebody's roof. So I called the airport, then the cops, and now, I'm very happy to be laughing off the scare, watching Max go black gee on us. If I had a black gee, I'd drive down to the airport and kick somebody's dang trash.

Kari said...

I love how serious he is about it lol. What a silly boy, he makes a good ninja :)

Rachel said...

I am laughing so hard! That last photo! Your Max. What a little man. He is just the funniest guy ever.

I LOVE your kitchen!!!!! So beautiful!

Kelly said...

That picture on the left in the second set of two pictures looks like he's busting a bit of a disco move. Ninja disco!

Murphy said...

Well, it looks like my nephew is finally following in my footsteps as to the ways of natural harmony and energy control... I'm sure that soon his powers will greatly exceed mine, and I shall be defeated like most of the great masters in the movies..

Max! No! I am your...... Uuunnccclllleeeeeeeee....... uugghhhh

Beth said...

Karate has been the miracle cure for our Asher (behaviorially). I hope Max loves it!