But we felt like we needed to use it for this house, rather than drilling intensely into the wall to hang the TV.
So we thought we'd pull a Megan and spraypaint the dang thing! I figured I couldn't like it much less, so the paint could only be an improvement.
Before:

During:

Kris is utilizing the desert for a good spray-painting space. Can you see Max camouflaged in the bushes?

I guess this space Kris is using could be termed our backyard. Crazy to have a huge amount of desert as your backyard, but we've got it!!
After:

I like it so much more now. It's still not my favorite piece of furniture by any means, but at least it has some character and adds something to the room instead of making me feel like I'm living in a crummy bachelor pad.
Spray paint is awesome, that's all there is to it!



11 comments:
awesome. that green is such a happy color. bravo. Now watch out because you might have the sudden urge to spray other random objects sitting around the house. nothing is safe.
p.s. i want to come visit you so bad.
Haha! Why didn't you paint it pink?
That as well would have been an excellent add on.
Yes, well you never learned the use of it from me, I'm afraid. When I was in college, we were making costumes for Fiddler on the Rood - a play that demands these soft hats with still bills on them. We used cans to spray the bills before we sewed the hats together, and we did this spraying of all kinds of colors on a two and a half foot square bit of plywood.
When we were finished, we had this square with all these colored crescents criss-crossing all over it, and it looked cool. So we took it to one of the art professors and asked if he thought we could sell it to somebody as a painting. He studied it and said, "I think maybe you could get about twenty-five dollars for it," which pleased us no end.
We never did try to sell it, but that's my history with spray paint.
I totally think that is awesome. But, what I really noticed was in the last picture. Not only are your bookcases already unpacked (very impressive!), but your books are organized by color! I love it. Especially next to your cool TV stand!
Looks way better. And a bike race on TV makes any tv stand look classier.
Love you
Dad
books by color!!! i am so doing that. immediately!!! ;)
Nancy and Misty you spied my color coded bookshelf! I'm very proud of it and I think I'll post a picture of the whole thing soon.
And it's funny Nancy, I was thinking of you as we were spray painting furniture. I was thinking "Nancy would do this all in red." You're just so good with the colors in your house I always love it!
Spray paint is AWESOME!!! I had a hanging lamp I hated!! My sister suggested spray painting it and adding cool lamp shades.
Spray painted the ugly thing and now I love it!
Spray paint makes everything better. In fact, I have some curtain rods and a table that are going to go under spray paint transformation soon. Very soon! :D
Okay I do have to say
I would have never thought of organizing a bookshelf by color. That really does look nice as does the TV stand. It looks great and the green really does help it. Everything looks really nice and organized with it too.
Haha, Ginna! You'd be surprised: I'm moving into turquoise/robin egg blue. I replaced my red couch and... I just keep ignoring red and moving on to blue. SO WEIRD. But I love the green. Any awesome color is an awesome color. YOU'RE inspiring!
Post a Comment