But spring can't be _too_ far away. Because Max and I found these:

and these:



If the flowers are out it can't be too much longer, right?
We found most of these in unkempt yards belonging to rental houses. I love whoever planted them, they make me so happy to see. And I love the person that thought of early spring flowers in the first place even more! I miss the bulbs I planted at our first house in Kansas City, the ones the squirrels always ate up. I wonder if they're still blooming.

These remind me of an easter egg hunt. Just sweet little flowers coming up bravely amid all the old winter detritus.
And even though we were freezing when I took this pictures, it was still nice to be outside. And nice to see the sun.
Come spring, come!



7 comments:
Wow. He really looks older. I have to write about something new so that I can put up my new headers. These are the same flowers I've been seeing for weeks. Except for the iris. We had some of those deep blue iris - do you remember? I've got to plant more of those; that blue is spectacular.
you lived in kc long enough to know that flowers can be really fooled. remember a few years ago when it snowed the day before easter and killed all the early flowers? major bummer
beautiful. It is snowing as I type this. Yuck
Oooh, that blue iris is my favorite. It's snowing here too. I'm SO tired of it. Can't last much longer though, right? Right??! :)
Very pretty. We saw some of these on the way to church the other day and you're right. They make me so happy to see them.
That cute little smiley face makes me happy too. Frazz is just so cute!!!
It's true Dave, I know that flowers aren't the smartest. BUT I figure just seeing them at all means that we've got to be closer to spring than we have been!
It's true Dave, I know that flowers aren't the smartest. BUT I figure just seeing them at all means that we've got to be closer to spring than we have been!
Post a Comment