Wednesday, March 11, 2009

::more stuff::

20090310-20090310-IMG_0084
Another reason to love Trader Joe's. $1.49 for a little bundle of daffodils. $1.49 for a little package of sunshine? Who could pass that up.
The tags say they came from England, but I'm going to pretend that half of them came from our old neighborhood in Kansas City. I loved that place and I miss it. The other half I'm pretending came from my parents house.
Daffodils are so happy.
They're having a little trouble opening fully because it was so cloudy and rainy today it was almost like the sun never came up. Hopefully we get some sun tomorrow.
20090310-20090310-IMG_0086

On another note. Who's better to snuggle with during Kung Fu Panda, than a Panda?
20090311-20090311-20090311-IMG_0092
One with a karate suit on nonetheless.
20090311-20090311-IMG_0093
Thanks for the chubby panda grandma!!

9 comments:

carie said...

It is too bad all my daffodils are droopy and sad because after they bloomed 3 days ago it turned a frigid 18 degrees here. BOOHOOHOOO! I hate seeing flowers that I worked so hard to plant, just freeze up and die.

Megan said...

Could you tell Trader Joe how nice Utah is? Please? At that price you can buy a little bit of sunshine on your grocery budget every week!! I like that.

K said...

I loved the top shot. You have those delicious little bits of blue in the background, echoing the blue lip of the vase. And then the cheerful yellow. I did some yellow today, too, but won't be putting it up for a few days. I love the Frazz action in the background of those shots, and envy his obvious peace and total relaxation in the last ones. I think I need a panda and somebody to put me on the couch and start a movie for me - thus giving me permission to stay there and watch it without guilt. Any guilt at all.

Marilyn said...

I really love daffodils. I planted a bunch of them last fall and they are starting to come up---no blooms yet, which is good because it's been so cold!

What I've always wanted to do is go to England in the early spring, somewhere the daffodils are blooming by the thousands. I don't know if they bloom wild or if people planted them, but I've read about such huge fields of daffodils, or seen pictures---and I think there's a poem by Wordsworth about them too? *sigh* Maybe someday. :)

Chazi R said...

Mmmm, just the WORD Daffodil sent me off into a dreamy haze of Utah sun, cool wind and lovely welsh flowers. Oh...

Dave said...

not a big fat panda.

the big fat panda

Amanda D said...

I've got to get to a Trader Joe's. We have them around here, but I've never stopped at one. I've heard a lot about them though so that is on my to-do list. Love the daffodils, love the panda and am glad for Spring!

Rachel said...

I love daffodils. Every spring I see them and think, "I LOVE those and need to plant some in my yard" and then every fall I forget until I see them again in the spring growing in someone elses yard....Pooey, this year is no different.

I love the quilt Frazz is snuggled up in too! GREAT colors!!!

Lisa said...

Your post inspired me to purchase a little bunch of daffodils and I cannot tell you how glad I am. They are sitting on my desk and they just brighten up the room! So, thank you!!!