I was a little worried though because Max doesn't have any snowpants. He was just wearing his jeans with PJ pants underneath. By the end he was looking like a walking snowman, I figured he was soaked. So I decided we should leave and it broke his heart. We told him he could sled two more times and he said "I need to go LOTS more times!!" We got him home and he was cold and freezing but dry, thank goodness.
It was a blast! Hopefully we'll get to do it a couple more times before the winter's up.
Here's a fun video I made, it's kinda like being there except not as cold. Enjoy!



9 comments:
You guys are great parents you do fun things with Max. We have lived in Utah for 2 years and we are giving Nathan a sled for Christmas finally, plus I just had to buy him snow pants for a snow campout. So I hope he will have as much fun as you guys did.
So it does look like a real blast. and it seems that good fun was had by all
love you
Dad
Oh, my GOSH!! Perfect!! This was so cute, so cold, so worrisome and glorious and wonderful! Brave Max. Some kids would have given up right then. But you guys were wise and gave him the little experiences after that. Wish I'd been there. But not really. I hate being cold. Then again - I don't know - sledding . . .
Our conversation while we drove to the park to go sledding again today:
Max: uh oh, we forgot my sled boat!
Kris: it's ok, it's still in the back of the car.
Max: Let me see (climbing out of his seatbelt); oh I see my sled boat.
Kris: you don't have to call it a sled boat, you can just call it a sled.
Max: No, it's a boat because it goes on water.
Kris: I thought it went on snow?
Max: (emphatically) snow is a type of water!
Kris: touché
Max: what??
Kris: You're right max, snow is a type of water, so I guess you can call it a sled boat.
Max: yeah. Land Grovers are not mammals. They live in North America.
Kris: ok, another good point.
Max: I love snow. I love to eat it.
sweet video and loved the picture! I got your christmas card..thanks! I sent ours out today so you should get it...tomorrow..or the next :)
so fun! I love it. What a funny little guy, I love that he told you the Land Grover isn't a mammal, that cracks me up! Oh I wish we could see you for Christmas, we miss you guys!
Ginna! It's me Manning again. I LOVED the video. It made me laugh. My favorite part was when Max says, "I was worried about it." He reminds me alot of when Murphy was little. I don't know if their personalities are at all the same but they look so similar to me. He's darling!
Oh I love it! Man I miss sledding.
I wanna be there with you max!
What fun. I don't like the cold either but I would have endured it to go with Max. It cracked me up when he said he was worried about it and I loved the sled boat conversation. He is so clever and funny. It's good you are recording this cute little stories about him.
Post a Comment