Sunday, December 30, 2007

+) A Christmas First (+

Max had his first Santa experience this year. We'd never had occasion to have him sit on Santa's lap before, and honestly he probably wouldn't have been able to handle it until this year.
We have some good friends at church that were very anxious to have pictures of their kids with Santa. They invited us to come out to their YMCA for a santa/Christmas fest. We had a good time. Max told Santa he wanted "Big Cars". Santa looked up at me questioningly. I was like, "What's confusing about that? The man wants big cars!"
IMG_2831.JPG
Secretly I was thinking how glad I was that I had bought him a toy camper for christmas, because otherwise there would be no big cars to be found.
IMG_2832.JPG
After Santa the kids frosted a cookie and ate it:
IMG_2837.JPG
Max and Michael and Katie all hard at work, all with messy mouths:
IMG_2841.JPG
Then the kids decorated little popsicle-stick frames for a polaroid of them with Santa. It turned out cute!
It's nice to have friends with kids who Max enjoys.
See you next year Santa!
IMG_2857.JPG

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Max looks like he had a really good time and those are some cute Santa pictures.

Lorena said...

Santa is always fun to see. I love the pictures of the crying babies in Santas lap. Max looked happy, it's such a magical time for kids. I love your nativity and your idea of giving him a piece a night. It's hard to find a way to include Christ in Christmas all the time.