Monday, December 17, 2007

* Just a Bit of Christmas Fun *

It's been a while since I've put up any fun old pictures, so I thought it was high time to put some up. Here are a couple of christmassy ones.
Christmas VW.jpg
Here I am with my favorite old car. I'm not sure what year this is, but I think it could easily be either 1990 or 1991. I found this picture on an old roll of film that was rattling around in my stuff in college. I got it developed and found a few great classics.
I totally remember those pants. Very cool at the time, high waisted, pleated and acid washed. That VW we had was the best car ever. Big enough for all of us and all our stuff on trips, and lots of headroom. It was also great the way we had to turn the heater on to get up really big hills in the summer time. I can't remember Dad, did we have to push start this particular van a lot, or was that the older ones?
You can see on my face how excited I am about the christmas tree. I love christmas trees, especially live ones and I always loved picking them out and bringing them home. They just smell so great and look so fun. I miss having a real tree. Sometime soon when we're done with school and all that we'll get to have real trees again!
Next:

Christmas dance 96.jpg
Christmas dance at Provo High in 1996. Girl's choice. Oh look at all my friends that I never see anymore. How fun! And isn't that a lovely collection of sweaters? Quite a festive snowflake backgroud too. Amy and I had planned going to the christmas dance together in a group ever since we realized that we had semi-matching sweaters.
Merry christmas to all my old friends! I had such a great time in high school because I had such great friends. I definitely feel lucky.
Later....

10 comments:

Dixie said...

Well, those are some old looking pictures with a very young Ginna!
Now I know you have always been adorable.
Very cool photo for the local news. Congrats!
Merry Christmas

Kathy said...

Ginna, I just checked out the last 3 or 4 posts that I ahve not had time to look at and I feel like I am way behind. I have been so busy with Christmas stuff I have not had time to even look at any blogs. Mine is very outdated and needs attention. I hope to get to it this week. No promises though. I love all the pictures and I love your Christmas decorations. They look so nice. Are you leaving them up until after new years? We will be there on the 3rd, can they stay that long? I would love to see them in person. That is so cool that your picture was on the news. Pretty impressive.

Auntie Donna said...

I love it! Wow do styles change.

Anonymous said...

Ginna

That was a great car, wasn't it. My favorite that we ever had, I think. I wasn't quite ready to let it go when we sold it. And it was the orange one, before that one, that we ended up pushing a fair amount that one trip when we went camping with the Williams and then went down through Zions and down on L. A. Something was happening to the ignition, so we had to make sure we always parked it somewhere where we could push start it if we needed to.

Great memories.

I push started my truck one time by myself when I was fishing and it wouldn't crank. It's a wonder I didn't end up in the river.

love to you all

Dad

K said...

I had to get your dad to explain the heater on the hill thing to me. I never knew that!! Strange to see pictures from back then that I've never seen before.

I LOVE the cardinal!!

I love your blog!!

I love this very oddly young picture of you and Joce and Amy and those boy-things.

K said...

Okay you, where did my cardinal go? How many times have you changed that picture today.

Beau Sorensen said...

That's old school. Loved the dance picture. Good old PHS.

Anonymous said...

Ginna! It's me, Manning. I was on Denae's blog and lo and behold, it's you too! I remember that Christmas dance and remember seeing Matt in that sweater. I think we even did a little ballroom or something because I remember a dance of some sort. Anyway, it brought back some fun memories. I'm so excited you have a blog. I'll be checking back often. I Love it!

Megan said...

Yes you had the best friends in high school, one of which was ME! I was probably to coolest one, wasn't I? come on. Admit it. In actuality I was the tag-a-long one. But still cool I hope. I remember that awesome van. The orange one was better though in my opinion. :-) You are the best, I love that expression of pure joy on your face with that tree!

Phil said...

That is a pretty awsome picture. When I saw it I guessed 1994, I was close.