Sunday, December 23, 2007

-> Christmas Decor 3rd and final part <-

The tree! This is kind of long, are you ready??
Take a look:
It was tough to get a good picture of the whole thing, so this is about as good as it's going to get.
We're happy with the tree this year. There are less ornaments on it than I usually have, because I was afraid the combo of the little Max, the big Sultan and the hardwood floor would result in some broken ornaments. I think I made the right call, at least none of my favorite ornaments have been broken this year so far.
A little bit of a closer look. If you've ever seen my parent's tree it makes this one look a little sparse, we're cool with how it looks for sure.
A few old classic and favorite ornaments for your viewing pleasure.
I got this little fish when I was probably 10 or so. It's one of my all time favorites. I love how sparkly it is.
Another, much more special fish. My mom made this fish last year for Max. It's a spitting image of his "Mama Fish" who has been his best friend ever since I gave it to him on his first christmas. :)
This is the adorable new ornament my mom made for me this year. I love it. The beads are so beautiful and I love the starts and the sheep. Thanks mom!
This beautiful snowflake my friend Amy made for me last year. I love it. Amy's a really skilled knitter. It's fun to have a piece of her on our tree.
A total classic! This is Kris's cosmic santa ornament he made for the Randle Christmas party the first year. I love it.
Kris's mom gave us this sock monkey ornament last year. He isn't on the tree right now. If you guessed that he's maybe sleeping in Max's bed with him you'd be right! Yeah, Max has adopted him. We'll see if I'll be able to put him away with the rest of the ornaments after Christmas. I'll tell the full sock monkey story on the blog one of these days.
One of my new favorites, Max made this beautiful snowflake at school this week. I love it!
So there's the tree. We've really been enjoying it and I'll be sad when it's time to put it away.
Thanks for all the wonderful ornaments that we've been given over the years, it's so fun to get them out and remember them every Christmas time. Oh, and I got a couple of new ornaments in the last couple of days that I haven't had a chance to get a picture of yet. I'll post them soon hopefully.
To all a good night....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginna and Kris


Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us.

we love you

Dad

Kathy said...

Love to see all your cool ornaments. I am glad I will get to see them in person. Your mom really makes some cool ones. Hope you are having fun the day after Christmas. We just got to St. George and it was sunny and in the 40's. It is cloudy now but no snow yeah. Love you all

K said...

I LOVE to see your tree and envy that Kathy woman. I think what I love about tons of meaningful ornaments is that when I look at it, I get a vivid impression of the blessedness of our lives - we are showered with beauty and whimsy and surprises.

Happy New Year, beloved girl!