

Max and I made a batch of halloween sugar cookies for the first time four years ago, in our first house in Kansas City. It was a bit of an ordeal, making cookies with a two year old, and I just wasn't that good at cooking back then (I'm only slightly better now.)
But they turned out so delicious and cute that we had to do it again next year. Or maybe it was the fact that Sultan ate most of the cookies that year--we accidentally left him in the house and the cookies on the counter when we went to deliver some to friends. We needed to make up for that.
So we've made cookies for the last four years, and the crazy thing, in four different kitchens. You think that sounds like too much moving? Why yes, yes it is.
So we made our traditional batch this week. I added a few new cookie cutters last year taking advantage of after holiday sales. It was fun to get to use them. Max's new favorite is the ghost.

I like him because he only requires white frosting, yay.

Max is getting better at helping--at least he doesn't just spill all the cookie cutters on the floor and roll them around in the flour like he did the first year.
He's my decorator now. Last year we got M&Ms and candy corn and he made faces on all the pumpkins. I wish I would've done that this year, instead we just did the standard sprinkles and such. But it was still fun. I only had to yell at Max 10 or 12 times for dumping the whole tube of sprinkles on one cookie.

Fun to make with my Max, but even more fun to eat. Which is what Kris thought when he came home from work to a kitchen full of delicious cookies! Mmmmmm.





6 comments:
A very brave mamma. I for one hate doing cut out sugar cookies. :)
We used to do them EVERY Christmas. But you have gone to the dark side, doing the fat ones with the icing on them. I am looking at yours and thinking that I want the one that looks like a giraffe. Or the Loch Nessy. Or the dinosaur. Whatever he is. I wanna eat him. And Max - cute enough to eat himself. I mean, he - himself - is cute enough to eat. I'm really glad you're doing this with him.
Happy black and orange!!!!
I'm sad that we didn't get to doing our sugar cookies this year. And I love your ghost cookie cutter!! With the cut-out eyes!! I really wish we had one like that!
p.s. too much excitement over a cookie cutter, is that? :)
I really want to eat all of them so it is good I am not there. They look so delicious. That is why i can't make them anymore. No kids to eat them so i have to. Looks like you had lots of fun. What a good mommy.
I forgot how good those cookies were last year. I think I ate them all :)
I think that ghost cookie cutter is my favorite too! I LOVE IT! And I'm very fond of your decorating skills.
Post a Comment