Tuesday, March 25, 2008

.::The Things Grandpas do for their Boys Pt 1::.

I came home from helping Kris at school one day last week and here was the sight I saw:
20080321-IMG_3829.JPG
Mr ultra cool Grandpa had set up a big pad made up of his blankets and pillows on the rug, and Max was leaping onto it from the ottoman. He was having an absolute blast.
He would do a countdown:
20080321-IMG_3813.JPG
(note the cool new way to do three, he figured that one out himself.)
20080321-IMG_3814.JPG
20080321-IMG_3816.JPG
this takes a LOT of concentration.
20080321-IMG_3817.JPG
20080321-IMG_3818.JPG
ZERO! Alright, GO!
20080321-IMG_3812.JPG
Woo hoo!
20080321-IMG_3824.JPG
20080321-IMG_3823.JPG
20080321-IMG_3821.JPG
I think part of what added to the extreme enjoyment of this was that in the past jumping off the ottoman in any form has been outlawed. So getting to do it was more than a little bit thrilling I'm sure!
20080321-IMG_3828.JPG
I love this picture. Sultan was coming over to sit on me since I was down on the floor.
20080321-IMG_3827.JPG
Looks like fun, huh? What a fun Grandpa to come up with something like this. I'm not sure he would've ever let us do it when we were kids, but I guess that's what it means to be a grandpa. You get to indulge the little ones.
And who wouldn't want to let this:
20080321-IMG_3831.JPG
Do this?
20080321-IMG_3826.JPG
More grandpa indulgences and activities to come later.

7 comments:

K said...

This is super fun! And there were times, yes, when your father wouldn't have loved having you guys do this in the house, off the furniture. But then, when we first had you, and you were really little, he was like, "oh let her blow dandelions - it makes her happy and what harm could it do?" The next year, it was - "GET OUT OF THERE!! DON'T BLOW THOSE ALL OVER!!!"

Experience teaches us.

Then we get to be grandparents, and consequences are somebody else's responsibility.

Tee hee.

Great shots.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love the pictures and your comments are GREAT!

Kathy said...

Love the slide show of sorts and Max is too cute jumping. It is nice to see that Grandpa Guy knows how to have fun.

Lorena said...

Those are some great pictures. Grandpas are great!

Anonymous said...

I was actually having more fun than it looks like in the pictures.

love from Grampa Guy

Tiffany said...

I love the way Max does "three!" That's awesome. And gosh- that looks like so much fun! Way to go Gramps!

Rachel said...

Gin, your blog is fabulous! I'm sitting here in bed with the moo-cuss pouring out of my nostrils and what better way to spend it? I love these photo shots! Grandpa Guy? Can I have a Grandpa Guy?