One of the wives of a current resident at Kris's hospital was sweet enough to go visit a couple of places for me and send pictures. Luckily one of the apartments she saw we really liked, and the landlord was willing to work with us and hold it until May.
Here is a quick pictorial tour, and by the time you're done with it you'll know as much about our new place as we do! It's a 3 bed 1 bath apartment.
It's in downtown Providence, in an area really near a couple of colleges (Brown and RISD). There's lots of fun activity and walking culture in this area and we really like it.
Here's the outside.

There's an apartment on the 1st floor and one on the second floor. Both are vacant right now so we were lucky enough to score the 1st floor. Which I think is good because nobody deserves to live under both Max and Sultan. Yikes.

Parking is right here on the side of the house. Luckily we're already used to parking in the "elements", so that won't be too much of a change. At least there's parking for two cars at all! In this area of town that's actually kind of rare.
Here's a shot of the front room looking out from the dining room area:

It looks nice, don't you think? Clean and stuff. It's really similar to our current house as far as the way it looks, and probably in age as well.

Here we're looking into the dining room from one of the bedrooms. I'm glad the walls are already painted colors I either like or can live with, it's nice.
Here's the bathroom:

yea, it looks pretty much just the same as our current bathroom, and yeah, we're going to have to share with Max for another couple years which is definitely a bummer, but oh well. At least it looks clean right now!

Here's one of the bedrooms. All three bedrooms have closets, which is great! And they look like they're ok sized.

This is Sultan's yard. We're very pleased at the idea of the nice big privacy fence, which should cut down on midnight sessions of barking at cats. And it'll be a nice place for both Max and Sultan to have fun in, when not covered in cold snow.
And last but CERTAINLY not least, the kitchen!

I'm excited about it. I think it looks so nice. So much nicer than our current kitchen for sure!

It's been remodeled in the last couple of years which is great.
I'm really excited. We love the area the place is in and it looks like a we're going to love it.
What do you think?



14 comments:
It looks like a great place, Ginna! Congrats on finding a place. I think it would be hard to choose a place with out seeing it! Good luck getting ready to move.
After seeing the pictures for a second time, I really like this apartment. The kitchen is amazing for a Providence Rental and even the bathroom vanity looks new. It is cute. I hope it is as nice in person. I like how the kitchen cupboards are see-through and there is bead-board for the back splash.
I think it looks GREAT! Very cute, love the hardwood floors!
The aprtment looks good, clean, and the walls are actually a color. I like the light in the entire apartment. But I really like the windows at the kitchen sink and all of the white around it. The only down part is that tub looks very narrow and your "auntie" would never fit in it!:-)
I think the front is really cute. The floors are beautiful. And, though you only have one bathroom, I like the tile style. The subway tiles with the black/white combo on the floor is very classic. I really like it.
Congratulations on getting a place. It seems like it could be a very cozy home.
Looks VERY nice! I wonder what kind of flats I'll live in as a missionary :)
Nice! It looks like a great find, and I love the paint colors and hardwood floors. Is it in the area that is dog friendly that you were telling me about? I can't wait to come visit!
It looks great! And I agree, the kitchen looks really nice.
It looks DARLING, Ginna! Oh, there is nothing like the beautiful East Coast homes with the white bead-board, wood floors and light colors, not to mention the very cool tub with a wrap-around shower curtain. The kitchen is very pretty and the framed windows and doors add that extra-special touch. Congrats! You're going to love it!
I really liked it. It reminds me of something out of a book. How cool that you will be downtown and can walk. I appreciate my car, but it would be nice to not HAVE to use it all the time. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your east coast adventures!
Looks great! I love the architecture of the older homes. They have so much character. I bet is nice to know where you'll be going to and have one less thing to worry about.
The kitchen is beautiful! Yay!
I breathe a sigh of relief. Now, all you have to do is get there.
Two years. You'll be finished the same time M comes home.
And what will I do to span that time, I wonder?
Hmmmmm -
I like that place. Can I come?
Post a Comment