Sunday, March 23, 2008

::Easter Fun::

We started our easter festivities early, on saturday. We got together with friends for an easter lunch and egg hunt. My friend Carie hosted the get together. Lunch was nice. We had ham sandwiches made with our yummy homemade bread.
20080322-IMG_3891.JPG
Carie's husband was gone on a business trip, so my dad spent a little time with their baby, Eliot.
20080322-IMG_3893.JPG
Eliot wasn't so sure about it at first, he wouldn't eat any food dad gave him. But he warmed up pretty quickly.
After lunch a couple of dads went out to hide a good amount of eggs.
20080322-IMG_3898.JPG
It was a perfect set up for an egg hunt for those four years old and younger.
20080322-IMG_3899.JPG
We let the kids out and they were very excited for the hunt.
20080322-IMG_3914.JPG
Eliot hung out with my dad.
20080322-IMG_3933.JPG

20080323-max.jpg
Carie took the great picture above.
20080322-IMG_3926.JPG
It was extra fun this year because Max is finally starting to understand stuff like this. He did a great job hunting for eggs. Last year he was starting to get it, but still wasn't quite there. He's getting to be so much fun nowadays!
20080322-IMG_3919.JPG
Look how happy he is. Yay.
20080322-IMG_3915.JPG
Isobel did a very good job finding eggs too.
On the Hunt

Check out their loot.
20080322-IMG_3929.JPG

eggs & baskets.jpg
We went inside to empty out eggs and the kids started chowing down. It seemed like they had a great time. It was so fun to do this for them. I got a little inkling of how fun it must've been for my parents to set up our huge easter egg hunt every year. Well, fun and also a lot of hard work.
20080322-IMG_3956.JPG
And if you see this guy bouncing off the walls anywhere, don't give him any more candy....please?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that Max was so excited!! Great Pics! Glad you enjoyed your Easter weekend!!

{Erica} said...

great pictures...you're getting quite good and I think you've already found your "style" of pics if you know what I mean.

Easter looked like fun at your house!

Kari said...

I lve that last picture of Max, gotta love the sugar high. But when else so they get to eat so much candy? Kids do make holidays so much more fun.

Kathy said...

Max does look like he is enjoying the candy. You got some great shots.

K said...

One of the bummers about you guys moving is that I will probably never make it back to Kansas City again. I have so loved your being part of the family back there. It has amazed me, and in some ways, has healed a family that had gone adrift. I wish - I wish - I don't know what I wish.

carie said...

so fun and so cute... you documented your child a lot better than I did. All I have of Isobel is the back of her head.