Monday, January 05, 2015

::skiing::

Kris finally succeeded in dragging me up the mountain for my first lesson.

But first I told him all my complaints and concerns from the one other time I went and he addressed all of them.  I wasn't cold, hungry or pushed beyond my comfort zone at any time.  And my feet didn't hurt.  So that was nice!

Here I am going up the "magic carpet" to the top of the bunny hill.
Untitled

I was pretty scared to get started, and all the time that we spent learning to clip in and out of the skiis and duck walking up tiny slopes only made me more apprehensive.  When I got on the little hill suddenly I felt like the skis were something I could control and it was fun!

I did a good enough job that the teacher left the class and took me and another girl up the lift onto the real ski run.  It was a little scary, but I figured out the turns and I was good to go.  I didn't fall down getting on or off the lift, which was amazing because really last time I went skiing it seemed like all I did was fall down.  All the time.

So all in all it was a positive experience for me.





That's the teacher.  He wanted to pose for a photo-op.

While I was learning, Kris took the kids on a snowy adventure.



Lucy is SO adorable in that hat.  She was very patient.



"Dad I found a snowball!!"



Sandy loves to make snow angels, he sometimes even makes them on the kitchen floor, so this was extra fun.



Max came up to me after my lesson and I couldn't even recognize him in that getup.



So there you go, and to give myself some credit I wasn't too prideful to admit I had a good time.  We'll see how I do next time.  I was pretty proud of myself.

2 comments:

Grampa Guy said...

So proud of your skiing success.. and Kris looked like he had a good time with all the kids

K said...

The first time I went, I was going down the little gully and just really making it, and G was behind me, yelling, "You're a NATURAL," until I caught a tip on something and did a head-over-heels thing and got snow down my shirt and banged up. And then it wasn't that fun. I wish I had the desire to go up and try to do short skiis. We watched that film of Murphy and Cam on the short skiis with no poles, and that looked like something my body could understand. But really, I can't work up any juice about it. I'm more interested in finding ancestors.