Sunday, January 25, 2015

::jan ca trip--even more disney::

This is long--lots of photos!

Untitled

On the way up to our place we were staying in Malibu we stopped for the day at Disneyland (of course, where else?!)



I think this is the first time we've taken the classic sword in the stone photos--how can that be?
The kids look so cute here.

This was right before or after I lost my annual pass someplace in the park.  Argh.



This trip was especially fun because Kris got to come and do a bunch of the rides with the kids.  And it was a beautiful day.  And it really wasn't that busy in the park.



Here is my baby and I waiting for the guys to get off some ride in Cars Land.  We had a lot of fun just hanging out together.



She thinks I'm pretty funny.

Untitled

We had the delicious coconut curry chicken that I like so much for lunch.  Sandy decided he wanted to use chopsticks after he got excited saying "Chopsticks!?  I've been there!" (We have a yummy Asian food place in Santa Fe that's called Chopstix).

He actually did great.  I was very impressed.  And he stuck to it--he kept trying even shen he was getting nothing at all.



And Kris got this fortune:



Hmmmmm....



Look Sandy actually got something!  He's so cute.

Here we are waiting for Max and Kris to ride on the big roller coaster that takes you upside down.  They have a nice waiting area in the shade where you can watch the roller coaster cars zip by.  Sandy danced around the whole time.



I told him to take a picture of me.  He took like 500.  None of them were very good.  And in most of them I'm saying either "Take the picture" or "Give me my camera back!"



At the very beginning of the day when we first walked into the park Sandy said "Do I get my double sided red light saber today?"  Kris and I were both like, "um, what?"  But he was convinced that should be his souvenir, and since we are pushovers he ended up getting "his" light saber at the end of the day.  And he was ecstatic.

Untitled

Dad helped him build it.  He's never gotten one of the special ones that you build before.  You even have to put the "crystals" in the handle.  So exciting.



What a way to end a super fun day, right?



We left the park at about 4PM to head up to Malibu.  The kids were very happy.  For his souvenir Max picked out a few little prank items.  Rear view shades, and squirting nickel and the crown jewel of his collection a mustard bottle that squirts out a piece of string that looks like mustard.  It's startling.



Sandy was doing awesome jedi moves all the way back to the car.  In these photos the saber is taped so it doesn't extend.  When extended it's about as tall as Kris.  So crazy.





Max squirted the poor parking lot attendent with his trick mustard and scared him to death.  Luckily he was a super good sport and thought it was hilarious.  It made Max's night.

It was a great day.  The kids had a blast.  We're lucky to get to do so much fun stuff.

No comments: