
It was only my second time. My first time I didn't fall down once. This time I fell down and skiied into a fence as soon as I got off the lift. Of course everyone was there to see. Oh well.
When I got on the big lift for the first time I didn't know what I was doing, so I messed up and ended up going on by myself because I missed a gate that only opened for about 2 seconds. Anyway, I had a nice peaceful ride up the mountain by myself.

Going down the bigger runs was a little intimidating but I didn't fall down or ski off the mountain, so I was glad about that. My legs got incredibly tired though--turns out my boots weren't on quite tight enough. By the time I got down to the bottom of the mountain I was wasted.

Lucy was in the childcare down at the lodge so I went to check on her and she was doing great. I only had gotten a morning lift pass so we were almost out of time. Max and Kris came down from the big fancy runs to meet us and Max went on the easy hill with me a few times.




This next picture was of when I dropped my glove out of my lap because I was too busy taking photos with my phone and then I caught it with my skis. It was pretty impressive.

Max and I had fun on the lift and it was fun for me to see how good he's gotten with all his lessons and practicing. He's great at turning and he's very confident on his skis. Super silly, but confident. And somehow he didn't trip me on my way down the hill, though I was sure he would.
It really started to snow just as we were coming down the hill for the last time. It was beautiful but really really cold!

Then we gathered all our people up, had lunch at the cafeteria and headed back home. I really had a good time. I think everybody else did too. Even Sandy had fun his little ski lesson, though he tried to pretend he didn't.
More to come.



2 comments:
Catching that glove with the skis - that's mighty deft, my dear. And I love that Max will go with you in the place that's comfortable for you. Big mountains are not my fave. You guys have really cool goggles and stuff. I used to have ski clothes. But I gave them up when I gave up having icicles in my nose and numb feet - and crashing.
Looking forward to going with you!
Post a Comment