The only good thing about the room was that there was a little closet that was just the right size for Sandy's little camping pad and Star Wars sleeping bag. Oh, and the pillow that I brought that happened to have a Star Wars pillow case. The last time we tried to get him to sleep in a closet (the last closet was HUGE) he was so mad about it. He absolutely refused and was really offended. This time with the "Star Wars bed" he was so happy, and once I got him lying down he even asked for me to "close the door of my room."

So anyway, everybody slept better that night.

Kris got up early and went out to try to do some surfing.
We had a great view, but I didn't get to watch much with all my kids running around the lawn. I just had to try to keep them quiet since all the little units around us were filled with older people that probably wanted peace and quiet.

So I took the kids on a walk down the pier.

It was really gorgeous out there with the sun rising. Sandy was enjoying watching the SoCal Amtrak go by. Evidently somebody taught him to cross his fingers when he sees a train go by. So he did. It wasn't me.

He's so cute. And such a stinker.

The kids were driving me crazy on the pier though. All they wanted to do was run screaming at seagulls and scare them away. Again, there were a lot of old people trying to take quiet morning walks in the ocean air. I figured they weren't that excited about running screaming boys. So I was basically chasing them and shushing them the whole time. Oh well.

And then of course when we got back they had bird poop all over the cuffs of their jacket sleeves from touching everything they possibly could. Ew.
But they had fun and it kept them occupied for a while. And I really enjoyed the view.

I could probably sit there and watch the waves forever.

We packed up and headed out to our next thing. It was just the beginning!



No comments:
Post a Comment