Thursday, May 14, 2009

::a walk::

I walked to pick upMax from school one of the days the last week we were in our old house. Our house is in such a beautiful area. Very much in the middle of the city, but the homes there are generally really attractive, and the yards are well groomed. Anyway, I brought the camera along so anybody that wanted to could share in the springtime beauty!
20090429-20090429-IMG_0806
I don't remember seeing many trees like this before. We had a lot of blossoming trees in kansas city, but this is like a carnation tree or something! The flowers are huge and gorgeous. And oh so pink.
20090429-20090429-IMG_0800
I love these trees. The flowers are almost like little cups or something, riding up on top of the branches. They're so delicate and attractive.
20090429-20090429-IMG_0803

20090429-20090429-IMG_0809

20090429-20090429-IMG_0813

20090429-20090429-IMG_0817

20090429-20090429-IMG_0824
And my favorite little "blossom"?
20090429-20090429-IMG_0829
Riding along in the prince's throne. We'll miss the our old neighborhood, it's beautiful!

**speaking of beautiful, go and check out this. My friend Amanda and I just started a little photography blog.  She lives in Oregon, so we're on different sides of the country.  We have a theme each week and we try to illustrate it in our own way.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.


6 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a fun project!

Rachel said...

I know I say this everytime but it's true! Beautiful photos Gin and what a fun blog for you and your friend.

Melissa Abby said...

I don't think I noticed the colors last year (I was too busy focusing on how late Grant was!) but they are just crazy! I remember seeing all the tulips, daffodils, etc. but not the trees blooming so much. Now I can always come back to your blog when we move and everything in California is so blah :) See, the rain is good for something!

PS Crazy that it's been just over a year since you moved here, on my due date last year!!

acte gratuit said...

Whoops! I left a comment on your other blog...the photography one. Your friend is going to be wondering what in the heck I'm talking about.

Amanda D said...

I love the bleeding heart picture. I planted some in my yard this year. :)

Lorena said...

Wow those shot's are so beautiful!