Wednesday, May 13, 2009

::popcorn::

We were talking to one of the elders in our ward. He grew up in Arizona I think. He said he had never really understood the primary song "Popcorn popping on the Apricot Tree" until he came out here for his mission.
And it's true. We had lots of blossoming trees in Kansas City, but out here is even a notch above that.
It almost makes the winter worth it to see all this spring beauty.
20090424-20090424-IMG_0767

20090424-20090424-IMG_0777

20090424-20090424-IMG_0770-1

20090424-IMG_0781

20090424-20090424-IMG_0771

20090424-IMG_0779
I COULD take an armful and make a treat. Yum.

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Mmmm. Those light pink ones (almost white) are SO fluffy! Beautiful. We sing "Popcorn popping" almost every FHE because all 3 boys can sing it. :)

Melissa Abby said...

Seriously, the different pinks out here are crazy! I love the random hot pink flowers!

K said...

Wow. It looks like you were shooting through an Ultra Violet filter on that one. Beautiful. Our trees are pretty much blown now. We still have some lily of the valley and a few other things, but the lilacs are going now. Next should come the copper roses - then the hot season when nothing looks alive under the sun. You're a little behind us in bloom, I guess. How wonderful your place is. The single blossom with the star at its heart was lovely.

Rachel said...

Once again, beautiful pictures Gin!! Thank you for sharing them with us all.

Kathy said...

Spring is certainly one of the best seasons. We have had beautiful blooming trees here also but your pictures are breathtaking. How are the allergies doing?

Katie Gee said...

Oh, how I would LOVE to have a giant print of the 2 white blossoms in my family room. Gorgeous!

Kelly said...

I didn't really understand that song when I was little either and I grew up in Tucson. Must be an Arizona thing. When I moved to New England the first time at 17, I think everyone thought I was crazy because I was always asking what every tree and flower were called. No, I hadn't ever seen a daffodil before, thank you very much.

Amanda D said...

Beautiful! I love the third one down. Stunning.