It was such fun to have a balloon. It was tied to Max's belt loop and followed him all day. It went to bed with him.
Here's some balloon fun, and a few shots of our new backyard.

This was one of the few sunny days we had last week. It's been raining lots and lots, which we'll hoping will be great for our little grass seeds.


Does anybody know what kind of tree this is? It's big, looks kind of like a maple, and all the leaves are red. Right now. In the spring. It's really weird and I can't figure out what kind of tree it is.


Yes, I would definitely suggest resting your balloon on the scary beast with all the sharp teeth. Good idea.

I had to throw the balloon away tonight. Don't tell Max. It was a shriveled little ball on the floor of his room.
We had to have a lot of talks about why those balloons can't be filled back up, and why it kept sinking lower and lower.
Everybody's got to learn the facts of life sometime, right?



8 comments:
Balloon facts are strangely some of the most tragic facts we have to learn when we're little.
Sultan looks like a scary scary beast gnawing that bone--and I LOVE the shot of the balloon against the sky!
Also, from what I can see of the tree, it's a Japanese Red Maple. :)
Balloons are our first lesson in broken hearts. But that's not true of your life. Your first lesson was a yellow star Christmas sugar cookie. Does that tell you anything?
I was fascinated by helium balloons when I was a kid. And they were really hard to come by. Had to be bought with money at the fair or the circus. And then never lasted more than the next day or so.
The back yard looks like fun. I like the deck.
Love you
Dad
i think char's right about the japanese maple. We have one in our backyard. A regular maple and a japanese one right next to each other. they are friends.
max is adorable. i find it's best to dispose of things when the kids are asleep then you can claim innocence in the morning. :-)
Once we had a balloon that stayed up for TWO WEEKS. It had some kind of special helium in it, "high-float" or something like that. It was amazing. But it too eventually came down. That's always a sad day. Although I like it when a balloon is halfway down, hanging at kid's-eye-level like a faithful little puppy.
Yes, we had a secret balloon casualty in our house today too. I won't tell Max if you don't tell Derek!
And Char is right about the Japanese Maple. They're SOOO pretty! I love the autumn leaves in the spring. :D
Fun pics as always! Nate loves balloons too! Cheap entertainment!!
Levi gets a helium tank for Christmas every year from Santa. The boy LOVES balloons. As Jadon would say, "yup he do"!
Having the balloon tied to Frazz reminds me of one of the episodes of "Thomas the Tank Engine" that Jadon watches where a snowman balloon gets tied to Thomas's bumper and follows him around. And look! Frazz is wearing blue! We'll call Frazz "Thomas". :D
Post a Comment