Tuesday, May 05, 2009

::moving dog::

If you're moving, and you need a moving buddy, don't choose Sultan. He's a bad mover.
As soon as we started packing stuff up he started freaking out.
20090502-20090502-IMG_0854
He's already really sensitive and moody. For some reason he has a phobia of getting ditched. We can't really figure out why since we've never just driven off and left him on the side of the road.
We've left him at my parents house a few times, but he likes it there more than here I think! Same with the kennel. He gets really excited when we take him there.

We've had to put him in his kennel whenever we went someplace without him because otherwise he'd go around eating everything he could find--including halloween candy and gum and anything that even slightly resembled food.
He actually likes the kennel, I think it makes him feel a little more secure. BUT as soon as we started packing and moved the kennel a bit he was totally freaked out.
20090502-20090502-IMG_0837
He could tell something was up. He was hyper and crazy the whole time we were packing loading and moving.
Then when we brought him to the new house he was freaking out of course, and escaped from the backyard to spend the afternoon in the back of my car.

It's getting better now that all our stuff is here and he believes we might stay and aren't just going to leave him here. He's settling in a bit and actually seems to enjoy the yard.
On saturday Max and Kris went to a pet store and got him a huge disgusting bone.
(don't look at the next photo if you're squeamish, it's gross)
20090502-IMG_0872
He worked on that thing for hours. I think it helped to mellow him out a bit.

All I can say is, next time we move I think he's earned himself a one way ticket to my parents' house to wait it out! Good thing they like him as much as we do!!!
20090502-IMG_0888

6 comments:

Dave said...

dogs.

so cool, but so annoying

K said...

WE WANT HIM.

Rachel said...

I don't know how they know but they do! Our dog growing up always knew when we were going on vacation. She'd sit with the saddest look on her face, wouldn't move, she'd just lie there. Broke your heart. Amazing what they know....

Diana said...

Yes, Dogs are smart! And I think Sultan is a BEAUTIFUL dog! Unfortunately...they are usually neurotic as well. But I guess that's part of their charm!

I'm glad he's settling in. Good Luck to all of you in getting settled.

Grampa Guy said...

It makes you wonder what he went through before he came to live with you guys. I think it's sweet that he feels safe in the car when he's insecure . We love him lots.

you are very good at describing his state of mind in both words and photos

give him a hug for us.


Dad

Chazi R said...

Aaaaaw my poor Sully!!! WE WANT HIM.

It's so sad that he gets so worried, poor little dear D: