I can't resist posting this old picture of my brother Cammon and my dad.

Cammon looks so businesslike and serious, doesn't he?
As does Max:

Obviously working way way hard.


And very proud of himself. I think it's adorable.
The mower we have is an old one from my parents. At one point we had 3 or 4 (? I think it was three...) mowers, and we would all mow at the same time. For those of you that haven't been to my parent's house, the yard is really big--two big lots worth. So 3 of us would mow at once and it would still take us a while.
We must've named the mowers at some point, and dad wrote their names on the front of them. So when Kris and I moved to Missouri and had a yard that would need mowing we got to take one with us. I picked my favorite, which was "Blue Sky."
Blue Sky almost didn't start--we hadn't used him for over a year. But after some serious coaxing, and warming up, he fired right up.
When Max realized he was named, it was all over.


Blue Sky, meet Bubble Sky.
Cammon, Char, Dad, Mom--does anybody remember the other mowers' names?



6 comments:
That's hilarious that the mowers were named 'cause after we moved here and Dan brought over his boyhood mower I saw that he'd named it "Chunks the Breezer." Blue Sky sounds ore feminine.
You know, I worked really, really hard to stay out of that business, so I don't remember the names. Char says one was Earnst. But nobody's remembering the third mower, remembered for the fact that it didn't ever want to start. Cam has one of them. So, he should be answering this.
I have something to post about this, too.
Bubble Sky! haha! I like it.
Ginna,
I just caught up on your blog and enjoyed every piece especially the pictures. =] Thanks for letting me read your blog this past year and for sometimes reading mine! It was a lot of fun peeking in on your life. Your family (including Sultan!) is utterly adorable and I've enjoyed being your virtual friend. Hopefully, I'll catch up when I get back, but whatever happens - I wish you all happiness and success!
Laura
so fun.
I love that the mowers were named too. How fun, and what a sweet memory.
I'm pretty sure I need to get one of those! How fun!
Post a Comment