Monday, May 18, 2009

::bubble mower::

I really wanted to get Max a little plastic lawn mower to go along with the new yard. I knew Kris was going to have to do some mowing, and what's more fun than mowing the lawn with dad? With your OWN mower no less.
I couldn't find a plain old little plastic one though. These days all there are (at least out here in the progressive east) are plastic mowers that blow bubbles.
I thought it was kind of cheesy, but I bought one anyway.
20090511-20090511-IMG_0938
Once it finally quit raining we got it out and he started mowing.
It's actually super cute. There's a little mechanism inside with a fan. When the little bubble stuff bottle is filled and the mower is pushed, it makes a little noise and blows bubbles from the fan. He LOVES it. He's mowed the lawn so many times in the last week.
20090511-20090511-IMG_0940
I'm not sure what the indignant face here is all about, but I'm sure he's saying something to Sultan. That's usually how they communicate.
20090511-20090511-IMG_0944
I love the mower. I'm so glad I got it, even though I just found it for like $4 less at Target than at the local weird store I found it in. Still worth it.
20090511-20090511-IMG_0949
Bubbles!!!

**Oh, and yes, the lilacs do smell good. They're wonderful, and I'm going to miss them because the blossoms are starting to disappear. But luckily I took a lovely photo or two, just wish I could add the scent to the pictures.
20090511-20090511-IMG_0946

20090511-20090511-IMG_0947

3 comments:

Amanda D said...

That is exactly what Tony wants for his birthday! He's been begging for one for the last couple of months. It works for me because they aren't expensive! Enjoy the nice weather.

Rachel said...

I wanna bubble blowin' lawn mower! I'd mow the lawn everyday if I had one of those.

Grampa Guy said...

Ginna

I think the mower is great. The bubbles are a fun feature for a toy. And I'm glad you got it at your little local store. the fish story is masterfully told, by the way

Love you

Dad