Thursday, January 31, 2008

.:.:Happy Birthday to Me:.:.

Since it's my birthday I figured I could get away with a slightly self-indugent post. (hah, like they're not all that already, right?)
So to start with, here's one of my all-time favorite pictures.
This is Max sometime in the summer of 2006. He was really mad at me, I can't remember why, and he made this ridiculous face. I laughed so hard. He just held the face. He held it long enough for me to run and get the camera.
6-29-06.jpg
And to take two pictures.
6-29-2006-2.jpg
Hah! It still cracks me up. You can see he needed a haircut in this picture too. Seems to be a constant problem at our house....
And for a quick trip back in time, here's a picture of my birthday back in 1985. I was turning 5. Fabulous cake, isn't it?
cake85.jpg
Please note a very young, very cute Megan peeking into the picture from the right.
The tradition for my birthday was to have a pinata. It was often homemade. Our best friends the Williams would come over in the evening and we'd beat that thing long and hard until it broke. Sometimes the homemade ones would never break and dad would have to take the thing out somewhere and smash it for us.
pinata85.jpg
Here's the one from when I was 5. I love the rainbowness of it. I also love that I'm wearing some sort of long pearl necklace. Awesome.
Pinatawilliams88.jpg
Here we are in 1988, when I was turning 8. Joel and Megan Williams on the left, and Charlotte's best friend Brittany on the right. I love the high noon effect of the big photographic light we had.
pinata92.jpg
And this is 1992. What do you think we were all saying in this picture? Something loud I'm guessing. We didn't even bother to decorate this pinata, it's just the organic newspaper. Completely functional. I bet it was hard to break too. Joel did a pretty good job breaking them as we got older though, so he always had to go last so he didn't just break it first and bum everybody out.
Oh yeah, please note Murphy's hair in this picture. Does it look familiar?
There's much much more, but that's all we're going to see for now. You'll have to wait for my next birthday for more!!
But I'll leave you with this picture.
ginnaclarinet92.jpg
Remember the clarinet we saw on the sideboard in the tea party picture? Well here it is in action. Why am I kneeling on the floor to play? Who knows, but I played whenever and wherever I could. Doesn't Charlotte look adorable in this picture? What a cute smile.
Happy January! Aren't we glad that it's February now? And that's all the questions for tonight. Later! We're off to watch Lost. It's a good birthday present.

13 comments:

Murphy said...

HAAAAAAPPEEEEEEEEEE BIRTHDAY TOO YOOOOO! "..." TOO YOOUUUUUUUUU! WEEE LLOOOOVVEE YOUU YOU OBL OFLVCE LADGJLA JDVL LOOOOOOOVVVEEE!
Ginna, I LOVE the pictures! They're so great! You're UBER fantastical!

K said...

We had a lot of fun, in a messy darn lot of work kind of way, making those pinatas. We did it outside once in a while - like the time Kari showed up in the yellow Columbia just like Char's. But mostly, we did it in the studio - and put all the 3000 mics away first so they wouldn't get bashed. It's funny - I'd almost forgotten about all that.

My favorite was that huge chocolate cake. You guys had a happy childhood, I think.

Nancy said...

Hooray for Lost and Lost Birthday parties! I hope you had a good one, darling.

Sparklebot said...

It's funny to see you and Joel so young.

{Erica} said...

oh my heck those pics are so great! Loved the homemade pinata's and loved seeing you, megan and cammon grow up through the pictures. Cracked up seeing cammon with his bowl hair cut...hahaha!

{Erica} said...

oh yeah. i'm a tard..I forgot to add...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! i hope your day is full of fun things and laughter...and perhaps a pinata?

Lorena said...

Happy late birthday! I hope you had a pleasant day. I got kinda lost during Lost. I thought I would try this season and see if I could figure things out. I hope Kris got you a birthday cake or pie or what ever you like to eat on your birthday.

Anonymous said...

I love how you and Charlotte look so happy in the photo with the clarinet. I got that clarinet when I was in the third grade. It was the start of musical dynasty

love you guys

Dad

Tiffany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What did you think of LOST?! There's so many unanswered questions--I can't wait for the next one! Anyway- Hope your b-day was GREAT! It was so fun seeing you guys!!

Ken Hendricks said...

I like the pictures of Max and your kid pictures. You haven't changed appearance all that much. And Max does look a lot like Murphey. My blog is back up. The address is KennethWHendricks@blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

I want to see that picture of max with his arm around that girl again.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh. So I've been gone from the blogging world for a week and I miss a million things. For one, happy birthday. For two, THANKS for all those pinatas all those years. The flashback pictures were hilarious. I loved them all. Especially the one of you with the chocolate cake and me looking like I'm in a coma in the corner. Happy birthday dear friend.

Amanda D said...

Oh my goodness! Joel has not changed! I knew that was him the moment I saw those pictures. How fun to share them now. What fun the pinatas and chocolate cake must have been!

Hope you had a great birthday!