What you do is you take them bowling. Then you only let them play one game.
Ouch, aren't we the meanest ever? When they're hastily prevented from starting a whole new game, they realize their game is over and they all start to cry. All at once.
I don't know if I'd suggest trying it--it's a little traumatic!

We went bowling with our good friends from church--they have a 6 yr old boy and a 4 yr old girl who Max likes to play with. They had a blast bowling. I can't blame them for having so much fun, bumpers make a big difference! There's a chance I might've gotten higher that a 50 (ouch) with bumpers...
Anyway, we just bowled one game, but we had the kids and adults on separate lanes. The kids finished much faster than we did, and were devastated when their game was over. It was a good thing we were paying attention or else they would've started up a new game without anybody even knowing. It's too bad we couldn't play longer, but bowling sure is expensive these days. It doesn't seem like it used to be, does it?
Some of the kid's balls went soooo slow, one of the balls the four year old threw was so slow that the sweeper thing came down before her ball got to the pins. It was pretty funny. I can't figure out how their throws were that slow but they still finished before we did!
Imagine the below pictures playing out over a duration of about five minutes. (click to enlarge, as always)

It was fun. Hopefully we get to do it again soon. We're saving up our pennies.



9 comments:
We went bowling with all our nieces and nephews over the break and I thought the same thing- we weren't sure the ball would ever reach the pins it was going so slow! It was fun though!
I love bowling. It is getting more expensive, isn't it? What a rip off. It costs just as much to go to a new movie. What is the world coming to?
you confused me by saying "one frame" instead of "one game." if i recall, they did play a full game, not just once down the lane.
yeah Kelly, I told you I'm not up on all that bowling lingo. I'll fix it so no other pros are confused.
I haven't been bowling in forever! It is sort of mean to make the kids stop and sit there, tortured, while the adults finish their game. Meanie ;)
Hey now Smash...I'll have you know that we shared our remaining frames with the stinking kids. You think I got a 50 all on my own?? A kid that can do great with bumpers isn't so impressive without... :)
That is why the wii bowling is better right? I don't know how many games of real bowling you would have to play to make up the cost but over a few years it would pay for itself. Right? Looks like the kids had a fun time though.
If Max got over a 55, then he's beaten my own personal all-time record. With bumpers. I cry when I bowl, too - but not because I have to leave.
The bowling birthday parties were always my kids favorites. The bumpers are amazing for kids even for adults!
Post a Comment