Wednesday, January 23, 2008

.:.:In Dire Need:.:.

This is my cute little friend Max.
20080114-IMG_3167.JPG
He's pretty cute, isn't he?
20080114-IMG_3156.JPG
Does he look like he's in dire need of anything in particular to you?
20080114-IMG_3158.JPG
He insists that he doesn't need a haircut, and tells me that he really really likes having hair in his eyes. In fact, when I brush it off his face he quickly brushes it back into his eyes.
For some reason his long hair makes him feel cool. Wow, whose kid is he? Could he be related to Kris Hendricks who is always trying to grow his hair out?
20080119-IMG_3199.JPG
I'm just afraid he's going to trip on something, or run into the wall. Hah, not like he doesn't do all that already!
20080119-IMG_3198.JPG
We do have a haircut scheduled for him tonight. We'll see how it goes. He's only recently allowed us to convince him that no, haircuts don't actually hurt.
We would've had him in a lot sooner, but the girl who cuts our hair was supposed to come into the dental school so Kris could do some work on her. She stood him up twice and after that we had a hard time wanting to go and pay her to cut our hair. And I don't like to take Max to places like Great Clips because they cut off his cute side curls.
So we just decided to be brave and go back to the girl. I'm sure it'll be fine. Max, however, isn't so sure he's going to be fine without his long hair.

8 comments:

Murphy said...

Oh man! I'm very excited! I want to see the results right away K?

Annie said...

He is so dang cute! You'll have to post pictures of the new hair cut!

Lechelle said...

It's not that bad, his hair looks just like mine when I was his age (and probably just like every other little girl his age). It is a good thing he has such a boy face.
:)

K said...

Yeah. I remember when we finally cut off Cammon's curls, and then again, with Murphy. Somewhere in the house there are two envelopes with that sad little collection of soft golden curls - somewhere. Somewhere. I am still not convinced that hair cuts do not, in fact, hurt.

Kari said...

I think he's lucky to have such nice hair that can actually be long and look nice. None of that straight straw hair for Max. Parker is envious, at least his mom is anyway.

Anonymous said...

i like how he asked me if i like his hair long and then said "see mom, kelly likes my long hair too"

{Erica} said...

noooo don't cut it....put on a beanie and he'd look sooo dang cute for the winter...then cut it in the spring :)

Lorena said...

We had 2 boys with curly hair and it took us a good long while to cut their curls off. But we were always suprised how cute they looked with their "big boy" hair cuts. Of course, if Max's dad has long hair then he already has a "big boy" hair cut!:-)