Saturday, February 14, 2015

::valentines day 2015::

Untitled

Kris and Dad did a crazy adventure race on Valentines day.  It's called the Mt Taylor Quadathalon and involved many many miles of skiing, snowshoeing, running and biking.  They are crazy.  They had a lot of fun together and meanwhile back at the house, lots of rather interesting things were going on.



It was Valentines day of course, so I set up little gifts and toys for the boys on the dining room table.  Max was so excited about it that he got up really early and also woke Sandy up.  Great.  But I was glad he was excited.



I sent Kris a few pictures to make him feel bad for leaving me behind--or to make him wish he was hanging out with me.




Here's Sandy.  He made a fancy double sided red light saber out of legos and was very proud.  Also note the stick that's on the ottoman--one of his favorite toys.  He's always bringing special sticks home from school and from the yard.



We went out to try to run some errands--the boys are being silly back there with their new valentines gift water bottles--I didn't realize they'd love them quite as much as they do.
So the errands went just ok.  They ended with both Lucy and Sandy bawling and screaming (yes, actually screaming) in the cart at Target.  I can't even really remember why.
So after that happened I just headed straight home.

And the kids took a bath.  I wasn't planning on bathing them all together, it just happened--like most of the day just happened to me.

It went pretty well, surprisingly.  Sandy did try driving cars on Lucy's little floaty and few times and Max stopped him.  Lucy was a little overwhelmed yet amused with both the boys in there.

Untitled

They ended up really having a lot of fun.  I only let Lucy stay in there for a while, and then the big boys and their pretend world took over.  They didn't get my bathroom *too* wet.







One of the reasons why Sandy was screaming at Target (I remember now) was over a popped Jake & the Neverland Pirates balloon--I won't get into the details.  But in the below picture he's so happy because Max drew Jake on a balloon that came from Cub Scouts to try to make Sandy feel better.  Sandy was so thrilled by this that it made me very happy.



We got ready for bed nice and early, this I tend to do when Kris is out of town.  I look forward to (and also dread) bedtime.



And last thing worth noting is that my Dad insisted we needed a "real" high chair.  I was kind of trying to muddle along with a tray-less up to the table high chair, a bumbo and a bouncer.  He was right, but I compromised with one of these little more portable chairs.  She liked it a lot.  All the food was right there!!!



It was a pretty good day despite all the craziness.  Kris and Dad finished the race and had a good time.  They came back and arrived pretty late, but safe and sound.

Oh, and I forgot to say that Max came in first thing in the morning (nice and early of course) and gave me his and Sandy's valentine cards.  He made sure I was taken care of.  I did feel loved.

1 comment:

K said...

Char was the one who saved my Valentine's day. I was pretty mellow all day, but still - being left behind for a stupid race wasn't the crown jewel of my life. These pictures are adorable, and the idea that Sandy was delighted by Max's drawing on the balloon really makes me feel good. This window we have between us - like some little portal between worlds - is so precious. Especially the last little while. LOVE you guys so much. Today it's going to be hard to prove I'm not a robot.