Friday, February 20, 2015

::catch::

One morning as we were scrambling to get ready (well, we is a stretch, I was scrambling and the kids were moving in slow motion) I had Max watch Lucy for a minute so I could run and grab my shoes or something else like that.  When I came back into the main part of the house I found all three of the kiddos in Max's room.

Untitled

They were playing catch with the baby.  It was so cute and gentle.  Max would hand the ball to her and then she would suck on it for a minute and hand it to Sandy who would then pass it to Max.



Sandy got a little ancy because of Lucy's pace, but really he was so patient.  I almost died of the cuteness.  I was so impressed.  It was adorable and I hated to break it up to leave for school.



Later that day they tried to play again, but life was just too distracting and it didn't quite work.



Even later, yesterday, Max was at school and Sandy and Lucy were playing alone.  I was doing the dishes or something else equally fun and when I looked over there was Sandy, sweetly and patiently playing catch with Lucy.



It was so cute.  And I thought about how influential an older sibling can be in a family.  Max taught them to do this and then there they are doing it when he's not even there.



And really, although these two can get annoyed with each other pretty easily, they really love each other and there are some adorable hugs and kisses that go on from time to time.  Lucy can be very affectionate.



Oh Sandy's face!





It's so fun for Lucy to feel like a big person playing with the big guys!



And yeah, I have to acknowledge the morning light in this room.  Glorious.



There you go, my brag on my kids.  Allow me it, there's plenty of other days and times when bragging would NOT be appropriate.  Such is life.

No comments: