Tuesday, February 17, 2015

::max's bday::

The big 11!!!!

Max turns 11.  How crazy is that?

He didn't get up when I woke him, as per the usual, and was very slow getting up, even though it was his birthday.  So of course I had to yell at him--as per the usual--and we barely made it to the doughnut shop for his birthday treats.

Untitled 

He was so excited to share treats with the kids at school.

Isn't he looking so old and mature?  Don't be fooled though, he's getting old but he's not any too mature!



He is adorable though.

Untitled

I had kind of a crazy day with lots of work and kind of crazy things going on.  I finally got around to making Max's cake a lot later in the day than I'd planned.  Lucy got to enjoy some scraps.  Sandy was sitting at the bar waiting for cake scraps just as hopefully as Sultan lurks under the high chair when Lucy is eating.

Untitled

Since it was after school I put Max to work feeding his sister while I was cooking.  He was happy to do it.  He loves her so much.  Sandy is always happy to photobomb.

Untitled

They were both a sticky mess when he was done feeding her, but it kept the both of them occupied and that's all that really matters.

Poor Sandy was so anxious for Max to open his presents.  He asked me if it was time yet about every 10 seconds.  He was somehow convinced that There was a present for him in there too, and that it was a Lego Millenium Falcon.....not true.



She's so dang cute.  Notice the wire wisk--that's my attempt at keep her happy and occupied while waiting for me to get things done in the kitchen.  Honestly it only works for like 2 minutes.  But I always try.

Untitled

I finally let her out, blocked up the hallways with stools and she explored the breakfast nook.  She's so dang cute.

And the finished product, another highly requested and coveted M&M cake!  This one turned out a little bit uneven for some reason, but it tasted super good.

Untitled

Boy was Sandy ready.  You can see the makeshift baby gate behind him there.

Untitled

We had one of Max's favorite dinners, chili-cornbread.

Untitled

Mmmmmmmm.  Or is that some other kind of face?



It is so hard to get Max to make a normal face for pictures.  So dang hard.  Especially when he's excited for cake and presents.



Presents!!  Legos and other fun toys.  He also got a Rip Curl jacket (which he's been dying for) and laser tag guns.  SO EXCITING!

Untitled

And here are the girls!

Untitled

Time for cake.  11 candles is a heavy load for one little m&m cake.

Untitled

I love the little serious onlooker--so engrossed.  Picking up tips for his next birthday celebration.

Untitled

See how the cake is a little funky on the side?  I decided it really doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it tastes good.  And boy did it taste good.

It was a fun day.  We're so happy to have Max in our family, and it's honestly impossible to think he could be this big.  What the heck??

1 comment:

K said...

The leaning tower of CHOCOLATE!!!!! Poor Sandy - I think that's how I am most of the time, always sort of hoping that there's going to be a present today. Maybe. Well, there COULD be.

And frankly, I'm pretty much overcome with how much of Max there is now - paws are still big - but arms and legs are LONG. And face is changing, getting longer like Chris'.

Glad I will see them soon. I'm afraid this time, he WILL be taller than I am. What a fun mom you are, by the way.