
We went on a hike this afternoon after doing the normal Sunday afternoon stuff--such as dishes, eating, laundry, trying to nap. We forced Max to go and Sandy bounced along happily. Lucy was all in.
Max had a blast once we got going. He found a "hiking stick" and poked it into everything possible.

Within the first 10 minutes Sandy compared the hike to Thunder Mountain and Cars Land. That was after on the way over when Kris and I were talking about the hill near our house named Sun Mountain. Sandy asked what ride that was at Disneyland.

Lucy rode along in the carrier and sang pretty much the whole time. She was very cheery.

We were right next to the little Santa Fe River on this hike, and the smell really reminded me of our yard growing up. There were cottonwoods with leaves all over the path and it was wet and fresh smelling. I was happily reminded of the smells of fall in my parents' yard. I loved it.

Sandy is all adventure and pretending right now. Not sure what he was doing here, but I do know we kept him from completely falling in the water--no small feat.

Lucy is way aware of everything that's going on.

And that's the end. We went home and ate dinner and read scriptures and did laundry and put everybody to bed. Busy days. It's always nice to get to breath the fresh air and enjoy the vistas of our beautiful place.



2 comments:
We spent the day collapsing. Except for the walk G took on the river path with the dogs. I finally felt so guilty for not going, I drove over to the trail head (I don't think "path head" is a thing) and walked down to meet them. Autumn to the max. It was gorgeous, but colder than I had expected. And I nearly gave up, because I think I've got a minor case of shin splints after the last three days and the long drive home. So I was smelling your parents' yard while you were remembering it. Cool.
I think he was fishing.
Post a Comment