
(cute pumpkin faces on the board at Sandy's school. so dang cute.)
We tried and tried to find a time where we could all go and pick out our jack-o-lantern pumpkins, but no matter what we did, one of us was gone. So the kids and I went to do it while Kris was gone. we made sure and picked out a good Daddy pumpkin for him though.

For the last few years we've gone to a big church nearby that brings in tons of pumpkins as a fund raiser for their youth programs. I figure it's the next best thing to a real pumpkin patch since there are so many to choose from.
Basically, my role was just to make sure nobody picked a pumpkin that was too big. I don't want to spend hours scraping out the inside of an immense monstrous pumpkin this year. And that's a harder job than you'd think.


Everybody found the prefect pumpkin after a lot of fooling around. Sandy especially was way more interested in fooling around and dancing and spinning and tripping on pumpkins than picking one out. Shocker I know.
But he picked a great one.


And Lucy was there, watching it all. So I thought she deserved a selfie with pumpkins.

She was serious about all this. At least one of us was.

Now to see if we can find time to actually carve these dang pumpkins.





1 comment:
Sandy's face. The heavens tremble with love and amazement. And Max is so silly. But the pumpkins are wonderful, and to have so many to choose from is amazing. We went to the local farms for ours, and almost all of them are still intact on the porch. The one that sits in royal honor on the hearth was grown in Char's back yard. And actual TAME PUMPKIN>
Post a Comment