
But there was no way we were leaving Sandy out of the family fun, so we just manned up and went for it. You can tell in these photos that he's already tired.
It was so fun to be in the stadium but it was weird to sit on the west side. I don't think we've ever been on that side before. We got there nice and early, in just enough time to get a great parking spot (free?!) and claim our seats before our bench filled up. Kris was nice enough to get me a special BYU stadium chair at the bookstore and that helped me to be so much more comfortable than normal--super important when one is holding a heavy baby all night.

"C'mon Max!!" This is something we're always saying.

Yay Sandy says--sort of. We had Dad & Mom on standby to come and pick him up when it all got too much and too late. But he was having a lot more fun than he looks like here.

And Lucy was having fun. She was all dressed in her warm footies and she was taking it all in.

I had Lucy in my lap and Sandy lying on top of me most of the time--I'm used to that, it's my normal state in life. I have to say I'm lucky. I love both these guys so much.
Max sat over by Kris and seemed to actually be following what was happening in the game from time to time which was awesome. He feels invested in the team because of his sports camps spending time in the stadium, but mostly I think it was the awesome fireside that we got to go to last year in Indiana where Taysom Hill spoke about Nephi that really hooked him. He was able to really connect with some of the guys and Bronco, and that's pretty cool.

Anyway, the temps were good and it was a clear night. Lucy wore her little fuzzy bear hat and mittens. Super cute, and super funny because as soon as I got the mittens on her, all she wanted to do was touch stuff with her little paws. Especially Sandy's head and face. She was leaning totally out of my arms reaching and reaching to try to pat Sandy's face.

The fireworks were fun and the skydivers were pretty nifty. But.........the game was sad. Poor Hill got seriously injured--a broken leg--and was out of the game (and the season) before half time.

Just before half time we summoned our backups to come and pick up Sandy. Kris took him down to the corner and the grandparents came and picked him right up. But not before he had part of a DOUBLE CHURRO. Mmmm. It was pretty good.
Sadly though Sandy was pretty disappointed to get shipped off. I'm told he didn't say a word the whole time from pick-up to bed besides a pitiful, "mommy....mommy...." Guilt?

Anyway, Kris left to take Sandy down for pick up. The team was winning. In the 10 minutes that he was gone, Hill went out and suddenly the team was losing. It all went downhill from there and the worst thing was that I didn't even realize that Hill was out! It was pretty hard to follow what was going on, but it was obvious that something bad had happened and then I noticed it wasn't Hill down there throwing the ball.
So the game was a bust--unfortunate considering it had been a winning season and BYU was predicted to go undefeated. Who wants to lose to UT state?
BUT it's always fun to go to games and cheer for your team, even at a losing game. And we have a lot of experience with that.
Lucy slept in my baby holder the whole night after a little convincing and we finally got back from the game at about midnight if I'm remembering right. Boy were we tired. I hope we get to go to a winning game sometime soon, but even if not we'll keep taking the kids and having fun.



1 comment:
It was SO late. And after climbing to the Y. And I couldn't believe that we were winning the game, and then we went out to the car, and before we got out to University, we were suddenly two touchdowns behind and Tasom's Heisman chance and our entire season were down the tubes. Ten minutes and the entire world changes. I'm not good with stuff like that; I can't help then but feel that so many more important things aren't that safe anymore. Sandy was super sad and totally silent except for those two faint Mommies. He managed to get those out without even moving his lips. It was a weird night, but still a great day. Having you guys around? It's great.
Post a Comment