Thursday, May 19, 2011

::anniversary::

20110514-IMG_3615
This darling little guy hit his six month mark last week. The date came and went of course, due to an extremely busy crazy week. But I didn't want to let it pass by completely without remarking on it.
In some ways I can't believe it's been six months and in some ways it feels like the last six months have been years. Of course we can't imagine our family without him--or even how life was before he was here.
He's our darling friend and brother. We're just so happy to have him around.
20110514-IMG_3618
20110514-IMG_3616
He finally started eating real food last week, and by today he's begging for it--veggies and a bit of fruits. When he's eating if I put down the spoon he gets very distressed and mad at me. He wants me 100% dedicated to the task at hand.

He also finally starting rolling on his own today--he's done it a few times but not consistently and mostly with a good amount of encouragement. Today he's just been going for it--from his back to his belly--over and over.
We're so proud--a little scared of how things will change when he really starts moving around--but proud nonetheless!
Happy six months to our Sand. So glad you're here with us!

5 comments:

K said...

What a joy. I love that little face. And the light in the house is so nice. Congratulations. I don't know if he'll ever understand the work and prayer and suffering that went into pulling him down to earth. So glad that he is as beautiful and wonderful a prize - equal to the cost.

Much love.

GrampaGuy said...

With kids, it seems you just get used to the way they are and then they're on to the next stage. He's a cute one.
And we love him too.

Chazi R said...

What a FANTASTIC little fellow he is--and so lucky to be in your family! <3

Rachel said...

Oh his eyes. Every photo I see of him and those eyes of his..... they just do me in.

Carly said...

He is SO adorable! I love these photos. It's hard to believe he's already 6 months. You have the cutest boys!