So we got the dang thing. And when we got home Kris got right to work putting it together. Bryans were due at around 3 and Kris got to work around 1. He figured he could get the things done and the kids could be happily playing by evening.
Hah. It took him ages just to get all the pieces untangled, then making sense of the instructions (which never really happened) took another forever. I think he had a couple of the bay windows put together when they arrived. He did a little more that night, but it still didn't get far.
But the kids were anxious. So he and Kari spent a bunch of time sunday afternoon working on it while the kids noodled around in the backyard and the babies napped.
Unfortunately they ran into a few snags, such as one of the roof panels being blown over by the wind and breaking into a bunch of different pieces, argh. But Kari is serious about building stuff and she didn't let Kris slack on it.


Closer, but still not done.
Then, memorial day, after we went out to lunch and had some fun, Kris manned up and finished the rest of the thing up. What a great dad, because it was a pain.
Happiness and joy ensued. Parker hollered, "This is SO AWESOME!!" and the house was chock full of kids from there on. Also, it has a working doorbell and the thing is LOUD. That thing didn't stop ringing all afternoon.



The big boys went and got Max's play food and made the house into a drive through restaurant. Such smarties.

Fun stuff!



5 comments:
How fun! I imagine you'll get years of use out of that house.
Love it! So jealous...it looks so fun!
Awesome house! I love it. Too bad it was such a pain to put together (and aren't they always?!) but good job to Kris for accomplishing it :)
How great is this? I laughed when I first saw the pictures - of COURSE this kind of thing would spring into existence with Kari around. That woman is a building fool! And it looks so cool. And I want to get in it, too. Really proud of Kris. He's a pretty cool Dad. The color in the shots is nice. Kind of Icy, but rich, too. And the porch looks like heaven.
OH my goodness! I wanted something like that so badly when I was little! They had a little house kinda like that on Barney if I remember correctly, and I was very envious. How cool that Max gets that! And the cuz's too.
Good work Kari and Kris!
Post a Comment