Monday, May 30, 2011

::in memoriam::

I know Memorial Day is mainly supposed to be concerned with those that have served in the armed forces. And that's super great and important and I'm very grateful for them. But when I think of memorial day I also think of loved ones that I want to always remember and how I want to be able to pass on their memory to our kids.
20090208-IMG_9185
My paternal grandparents, Clayton R & Betty A. They've been gone for a few years now and we miss them.
20070812-IMG_1644
This is Max at their gravesite in California when he was three. I wish he could've had an opportunity to visit their wonderful house and swim in their pool. He would've loved it.

Ken:
20040805-20040805-20040805-IMG_0013
Kenny:
20041225-20041225-20041225-kenbear
We miss them both and remember them all the time. Such losses.

And then there are those who are still here physically--but we are forced to miss them as well.
20041010-20041010-20041010-DSCN0047
My dear Grandma Jackie hasn't recognized anyone for years now. We miss her and I know my mom misses her terribly. She still deserves to be remembered, though in some ways she's still here.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
--Tennyson In Memoriam

2 comments:

K said...

Beautiful.

GrampaGuy said...

Ginna

Thanks for your remembering. It reminds us all

Love you

Dad