Anyway, we came in and happily, her stuff was all gone and the house was empty and ready for us.
But sadly we ran across this on one of the walls:

Yes, not only had somebody drilled huge holes into the wall to hang something bizarre, but they had also painted around it. Who does that? Seriously, did they hire SpongeBob or somebody to do the painting?!
Needless to say we were annoyed. That's not the kind of thing you can just overlook--and combined with the fact that she had taken a big TV mount down in the bedroom and the wall looked like a land mine had gone off inside it--we were pretty unhappy.
So luckily, later that week Kris went to Home Depot to get some supplies and serendipitously they were presenting a little wall repairing class and he got to sit in and learn a ton. So he fixed the wall--almost overfixed it in his excitement, but not quite.
Then I got brave and found the paint that matched the wall in the garage. I figured even if the paint had aged or faded, it couldn't look worse than that weird Cheshire Cat shape there on the wall.
So I painted it. Two coats. And it turned out perfect.

We were/are very proud of ourselves. It's so nice to see something repaired so darn well! Now on to all the other cracks, scrapes, holes and scratches in house. All the woodwork on the doors need help. The lady had a dog at some point and that dang dog scratched the dickens out of every doorframe and doorjam in the house. I'm going to have to experiment and see what can be done.
And the bonus?
Goofy pictures of a sweet silly and goofy boy. He was watching Kris put in towel & toilet paper holders, since somehow the guest bathroom had none.


And there ya go.



3 comments:
It was so late last night when we came in. I am OVERWHELMED that she left that mess for you. But very very impressed that you guys were able to repair so beautifully. Very satisfying. Then the bonus: WHAT A FACE. I laughed my head off. And so did Chaz and Guy. I don't know why that face is so funny, it's just that - I'm watching but I have no idea what I'm seeing thing. LOVE him. LOVE you.
A woman of many talents! Good on ya mate! I can't see at all where the bad paint job was before. Pretty darn satisfying I bet!
It looks great! Glad you were able to fix it. You are going to give us a photo tour of the house with all your stuff moved in. :)
Post a Comment