Monday, June 07, 2010

::working::

We spent the weekend beginning our moving preparations. We organized and cleaned and chucked stuff and donated stuff.
It was warm and muggy.
Our main concentration on saturday was the "storage room" as we call it. Basically it's our junk room. It's got all our garagey sort of stuff in it--bikes, tools, camping stuff--as well as all my crafts, the printer, the treadmill, furniture that doesn't fit in the house, all the storage, etc. etc.
You get the idea. It's a big mess.
But a better mess now.
Before:
20100605-IMG_1188
20100605-IMG_1183
After:
20100607-IMG_1194
20100607-IMG_1195

What, you're saying you can't tell the difference? Well take my world for it. It's much much better. And that much less to worry about at the end of the month.

So that's what we've been up to. Besides address changes, trying to keep skunks out of the backyard and making lots of plans of course.
Today it cooled down a bit, and I'm SO glad.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I can tell a little bit of a difference. It is always good to go through and get rid of the stuff you don't want to move with you. Aren't you so excited to have a real garage to put some of that stuff in? And a real room in the house for the treadmill? You will feel like you died and went to heaven. I can't wait for you to get all moved and settled. Such exciting times.

K said...

Kathy's right. I actually feel pretty much that way right now because of the new space upstairs. But I went into the loft this morning to get something, and realized that I probably have enough toys to stock a store - and suddenly felt I was back to square one. Can't wait for Flea Market Day!!! YAYAYAY!!!

Katie Gee said...

I love the feeling of accomplishment after attacking a big project. And who cares if we can't tell much of a difference. YOU can. And you know you did it. Great job Ginna! I'm so excited you'll be in the same u.s. state as me again!

Grampa Guy said...

---and I think the room looks WAY better now than it did before.

Love you

DAd

Rachel said...

I can see the difference! I need to do this with my house........ now THAT is a mess. 15 years of clutter.