It was addition where the sums came to more than 10. Yikes--hard when you can't do it on your fingers!
Anyway, I had a fun time using my brain to think of how I could help him conceptualize and visualize the numbers and the addition.
I pulled out a pack of awesome colored paperclips and we made some piles of 10.


I think they helped him. It was fun to see him trying to think about it anyway, and he did figure out all of them on his own--with a little prompting when I saw a wrong number.
Go Max!



4 comments:
PILES OF TEN!!! Just like SAME!! I feel like some circle just closed. I am SO PROUD!!! You are one wonderful mommy.
i love it. hands on math is just right for little people. and big people. and all people. you are such a cute mama, gin. miss you.
Keep up the good work
Love to you all
Dad
This is wonderful! Kirsten had a hard time with math until we brought out the abacus (sp?). That last photo of his hands is so cute. You can tell he'd just finished counting on his fingers.
Post a Comment