We started in Virginia and ended in Tennessee. That means we only saw one new state. It was hard, since we got spoiled with day one and it's amazing eight state span. Crazy, right? I mean, only in New England could you drive through eight states in one day.
Anyway, probably the most interesting thing we saw were a ton of crazy state troopers and sheriffs with people pulled over left and right. So we drove the speed limit.
We did about an nine hour day and made it through most of Tennessee. When we got to Jackson and stepped out of the car we almost died. It was SO incredibly hot and humid. We're grateful for hotel rooms with AC, however cruddy they may be.
Max swam and we tried to recover from another long day and not think TOO hard about how there are two more to go! At least we were a little more than halfway.

Kinda boring, but there you go. Just another day on the road--quick stops for meals and getting on our way!!



5 comments:
One more day closer to your new home. Be safe tomorrow
Love you all
Anything but boring. You remember when Cam did that Work and Glory job in - where was that? VA? And then drove to NY alone. Then back all the way across the country - ALONE? ON that last bit of the trip, I talked him across the entire great plains. Talk about earnest conversation. "Tell me what you see outside your windows right now." ready for a shock? That was MORE TALKING THAN I HAD EVER DONE over several hours. And you know how talkative CAM is. HA.
The deal is, coming down the coast, you drive through a stack of small states, crossing at their narrowest . But Tenn - a long state to begin with - you were crossing the LONGEST part. It's all geometry. Which you once understood very clearly.
I love coming with you.
Love the guy with the lawnmower in the picture! You're so dedicated with that camera -- it's impressive. Best of luck with your drive!
I can't wait for the next update! I'm so excited for you to get here!
Our internet has been out for a day and a half, and now I have to play catch up on your blog! I can't believe you're almost there already. Hopefully tonight right?
Post a Comment