The other day when Kris got home we decided to pick up a sandwich to eat in a local park area that's super pretty.
We're trying to soak in all the green, because I'm sure I'll miss it later. (But I'm not going to miss the humidity, I promise.)

We got a sandwich from Jersey Mike's. It's the local attempt at a sub shop. It's better than 99% of the sandwich places around. It's still a sad substitute for Planet Sub, or Sensuous sandwiches back in Provo. (Mmmm, now I'm getting hungry.)
But they do have big thin cut slices of dill pickle on the sandwich that are really tasty.

Kris was just glad to be done with another one of his (rather miserable) 11 hour work days.

Max was glad to be outside. And eating doritos.

But he was bummed because we said we were going to a park. But it wasn't exactly what he was hoping for in a park. He was looking for slides and fireman poles and that kind of thing. So in lieu of all that he decided to climb on the car and drive us nuts. And drive poor Sultan nuts who was stuck inside the car because we forgot his leash.

Can you see our new luggage carrier on top of the car? We're gearing up for the cross country haul!
Anyway, it was a nice evening outing. We're trying to have some fun and relaxation together in the midst of the chaos that is moving.


So far so good.



7 comments:
Looking forward to having you out in our end of the country. I'd like a bite of that sandwich, by the way.
love you all
Dad
Come home. Come home. Come home. When you need green again, you can come home. And I want a pickle and a sandwich RIGHT NOW. I love the way Max is making his own fun - like standing on that tree the way he is. Kids are so arcane and interesting. And I really like having mine grown up and in charge of their own. Energy like that? Yeah. Been there.
I'm glad you're working to enjoy. That's the ticket.
Come home. Come home. Come home. When you need green again, you can come home. And I want a pickle and a sandwich RIGHT NOW. I love the way Max is making his own fun - like standing on that tree the way he is. Kids are so arcane and interesting. And I really like having mine grown up and in charge of their own. Energy like that? Yeah. Been there.
I'm glad you're working to enjoy. That's the ticket.
What a great idea! Our house is already feeling humid right now and it's only 8:30AM! Maybe tonight will be a dinner at the park night for us:)
I do miss the green. It looks gorgeous there!
Glad you enjoyed an evening out. When is the big move?
Next weekend Amanda! It's coming up fast!!
Post a Comment