
Happy St. Patrick's day to everybody. St. Paddy's day was always fun at my house growing up. My mom's dad's side of the family is Irish, so we had a little something to celebrate. So we always wore lots of green, pinched people and ate some sort of green treat. Or at least I remember eating green treats from time to time.
So here at our house now, we wear green. Max, in fact wore two green shirts, green socks and green underwear. It's always good to be thorough, right?
Nobody in our family got pinched today. We were all nice and green.
Evidently they did a little St. Patrick's style stuff at Max's school too.


It's true. So true. (And so adorable.) If he had a pot of gold he would definitely use it to buy toys with. No question.
As far as treats go, last year I made cupcakes. They were delicious chocolate cupcakes with green frosting and we loved them. But we're trying to eat healthy right now. Nothing ruins eating healthy faster or more effectively than a big batch of delicious chocolate cupcakes.
So no cupcakes. Plus I wasn't into cooking all afternoon since the sun was out. So instead I spent the afternoon out on the deck watching Max play and being sucked into his strange and crazy pretend games. Then after dinner I threw some ice cream, milk and a few peppermint patties into the blender and we had ourselves some mint shakes. Slightly green and totally yummy.

That was our day. We were happy to see the sun and to be wearing green. And happy to be Irish, however low the percentage is in the mix.
In conclusion, here's the 1st attempt to take the photo at the top of the post. I count it as a fail since I had to get the creamsicle out of my hair afterwards. But it's funny.



4 comments:
May I point out that, oddly, you have rendered your green powerless by countering it with a STINKING ORANGE BIT OF CREAMCICLE? Orange is the WRONG color, my dear. I thought I'd taught you that. We're GREEN Irish, and we don't like ORANGE. I don't know why (except that one was Catholic once almost universally, by saying which I have made myself redundant, which I am not since I am your only mother - and the other protestant. And seeing that we are neither, that calls the whole dang day into question).
Neither are we beer drinkers, so we can't even sing bawdy Irish sings like "Lilly Berlay (sp)" with any veracity. But whatever, it's Irish we are at heart, and there can be no questioning of that. Ask himself, me dad, and he'll tell you the same. We're grounded in Emerald Sod and potato pancakes, and there's an end to it.
Much loves and hopes for four leaves, every time you look!
Sounds like a good day over all so that is good especially with the sun. It was 78 here in St George today and soooo nice. I took John to snow Canyon and then to Sand Hollow reservoir. What a beautiful place. It was fun. Love the creamsicle in the hair. Yum.
Hee! Love the creamcicle or how ever you spell it and Kristen you are dead wrong. Orange is totally in the green spectrum. Hello! Irish!! Red hair!!!
Ho! I love the creamsicle in hair. Ah how many of those moments motherhood brings. My boys cannot keep their hands OFF me when they're dirty. I'm like a dirty-hand-food-magnet.
You and Max are both QUITE cute. And I love pinwheels. My boys too (they call them windmills, and they always want me to open the car windows so they can hang them out and watch them turn).
Post a Comment