
It's nice that 99 cents worth of pinwheel and a (slightly freezerburned) creamsicle can make a little boy happy on a sunny afternoon.
I don't think I've ever bought him a pinwheel before--I don't know how that's possible but I think it's true.
(doesn't our yard look so trashy? the dead grass--it'll come alive soon I hope, the kid/dog toys scattered everywhere, the section of fence leaning up against the fence. Oh well, we're renters. It's what we're supposed to do, right?)



4 comments:
Well, let's see. We could add a couple of puppies and a bunch of chewed up, dumped out planters with accompanying mounds of expensive potting soil and the remains of plant materials. And a couple of picturesque (used to be) tree stumps that have had caves dug out under them. And shredded dog toys (pieces of which are to be found in small mounds of dog detritus). And a goat. Add a goat. And maybe a rusted old car - that goes past our level of trashy into the really Class A trashy, but I always say, if you're going to do a thing, you need to do it right.
I love pinwheels. Especially shiny ones. And Max. I love him, too.
On the subject of pinwheels, I actually think they have gotten better in this modern age. My grandmother used to buy me a pinwheel now and again when I was a tyke, and I remember that they only frustrated me because they wouldn't go around no matter how hard I blew or how fast I ran and waved them in the wind. So hooray for superior technology.
I would venture a guess, however, that the creamsicles from the same period were better.
Love to you all
Dad
Yikes! You should see MY yard.
I love pin wheels. Always have. They always broke too fast though. I remember as a kid riding my bike and watching it go around super fast. Such a fun and simple thing. And creamsicles.....you can't go wrong there!!!
Hi Ginna, I found your blog again through the comment you left on mine. That Max is a cutie. I love that kids find joy in cheap pinwheels and freezer burned popsicles as much as much grander toys and treats.
Post a Comment