
It's my dad's birthday today!
I wish I was in Provo to give him a Symphony bar. Or a tub of Almond Roca. Mmmmmm.

Here he is pretending to be surprised by the can of Almond Roca I gave him back in 1987 or maybe 1988. Convincing, right? One time I gave him a Symphony bar for some holiday and when I wrapped it I put a brown bow on it. When I showed it to him he said something about the color of the bow giving away what was inside. I just couldn't figure out how he knew what it was!

My dad, circa who knows when. Actually it's circa no beard. And that must mean it was before I was born because I've never known the man without his beard. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment, to maintain a serious beard for thirty years. He deserves credit for that.
I love my dad! He's the best dad, the hardest worker and such a faithful and strong person. I wish I was there to give him a birthday hug, and of course go out to dinner! I hate missing birthday outings.
But since we're not there, we just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY and WE LOVE YOU!!

And to close, here's a story that I found in one of my old journals. I wrote this when I was about eight. It's based on one of the fun stories dad used to tell us about when he was a kid. He has some good ones. My favorite was one about him falling into a red ant hill. I wrote and illustrated that one at one point but I don't know where that is. Wish I did.

Love you Dad! Happy Birthday!!



6 comments:
Lovely, little girl. I wish I'd put it together myself. Instead, we're trying to decide where to go for that dinner- then changing plans because the baby's sick. Then worrying about Piper, who has started crying non-stop. And now there's a blizzard coming down - which makes yesterday's pour all the more a relief.
Your dad loved this gift - the blog. And you, remembering. Many kisses -
Hey Ginna
Thanks for the birthday wishes and the great photos from your archives. That shot with the axe is from the hunting trip where the back of the VW van got immolated by the coleman stove.
And it's a great retelling of the jet engine test track story. I'm still wondering where that thing went!
Love you much
Dad
those are fabulous pictures. what a photogenic lumberjack! Happy Birthday Guy! May you find all the rockets you desire!
Happy Birthday Guy! What a nice thing to do for your Dad Ginna. Great pictures.
Oh. My. Gosh! Guy without a beard? IMPOSSIBLE! Okay, I know it's possible because at one point in his life he came into this world without facial hair which I'm sure he maintained through his childhood but no beard as an adult? No stinkin' way!
A photo as proof. That photo is hysterical and the VW story to go with.
Happy Birthday Guy! Here's to many more rockin' years!
I think your dad and my father-in-law would be great friends:
http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/2009/12/sauerkraut-and-pork-gets-limelight-each.html
scroll down a bit for a picture of him
Post a Comment