Thursday, January 22, 2009

::zoo::

20090122-20090122-IMG_8956
We went to the zoo today. My friend Melissa has a season pass, and Max and I can get in on her ticket somehow. So we like to go there sometimes, it's a good chance for Max to run around and for us to hang out a bit.
It was cold today though. Freezing.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8938
Max seems to turn into the worst version of himself though at the zoo. He's terrible. He can't seem to obey or do anything right. Luckily since we didn't have to pay $20 to get in we can always leave whenever we need to.
Check out the elephants' water.   Brrr.
20090122-IMG_8943
It was no wonder they were waiting for us in the barn.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8947
Along with the cutest baby giraffe you'll ever see.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8950
Baby giraffe's mommy thinks he's pretty cute too.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8952
Max was totally fixated on the the baby giraffe. He just stood there repeating "Baby giraffe" in this weird lispy voice.
It was cool though because there was nobody else in the barn. The whole zoo was so empty, which makes sense considering it's freezing. But it was fun to be one on one with all the animals there in the barn.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8945

20090122-20090122-IMG_8955
Until I felt like I needed to start sneezing, since I'm sure I'm allergic to giraffe and elephants. So we moved on.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8957
Gorgeous snow leopards, huh? They must feel right at home now with all the crazy snow.

My favorite animal in the whole zoo though is the adorable little red panda.
20090122-20090122-IMG_8959

20090122-20090122-IMG_8961

20090122-20090122-IMG_8960
Isn't he the snugglyest looking little guy you've ever seen? I'd definitely take one of those guys home for a pet if I could.

And after that we went home because we were freezing and because Max couldn't be even semi good any more. I think I'll try to go find a red panda stuffed animal to snuggle with.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Okay, what it is with boys and repeating things in weird voices? I must say 1000 times a day, "Remember, sometimes after you say something too many times it stops being funny and just gets annoying . . . " But evidently not to the boys! They laugh at each other for weird-voiced hours! And even Malachi laughs at them too! Crazies.
Anyway, your zoo looks freezing. How did you get so many good pictures? My zoo pictures always have bars in them. (Like, cage bars, not bars you go to to get drunk.) (Although maybe you would have been happy to see one of those as well, after Max's behavior? ha ha)
I love the red panda, too.

K said...

Lovely shots. You seem to be able to find light and draw it to yourself. I don't have that gift. I'm glad I wasn't at the zoo. Too cold, and I'm afraid I might have pitched Frazz into the monkey house.

There are people around here I'd like to pitch into the monkey house, as a matter of fact.

Sigh.

Melissa Abby said...

I swear one of these times Max is going to run ahead and end up in some animal cage! Love the baby and mama giraffe picture, that was so cute! And at least it was warm in there :)

Dave said...

Nat loves the red panda too. Your exhibit looks much cooler than ours.

Last time we went to the zoo, Josh started climbing the wall around the tiger exhibit. So all of the adults got into this discussion about how to deal with that situation.

We decided that if a baby went in to an animal exhibit, all the adults would jump in at once, except Grandma. That way, at some could distract the tiger while the others could try to throw the baby out to safety. Good plan, right?

Hey, I think this comment should be the subject of MY next post :-)

Rachel said...

Levi is going to love these photo's. His favorite to see at the zoo is the elephants. That photo of the mamma with her baby giraffe and her mouth is open.......laws Ginna you are so incredibly talented with that camera of yours!

Ginna said...

Marilyn
I have no idea what it is about the weird voiced repeating. Max doesn't even have an appreciative audience and I STILL can't ever get him to stop. Weirdos.
I got the bar-less pictures because a lot of the exhibits have like big rock walls around them with glass windows where you can look in. And the red panda is actually in an enclosure where we're above him, so there's nothing between him and us, but we're a ways above. Does that make sense?
And all that's between us and the elephants and giraffes in the barn is one puny railing on the people side, and a few wires--you can see those in the pictures. Kind of crazy!

Dave--
you should definitely put your tiger plan up on your blog. It's for sure blog worthy. And I'm adopting it too. I just have to give my friend Melissa the heads up so she's ready to jump in with me. :) Yikes. Scary! I'm glad you gave Grandma a break though!

Leslie said...

Let's try again.

Zoos are fun. I never knew zoos had indoor viewing areas until we went to Denver. No need for them in Los Angeles.